Are you planning to build a career in Physical Education? A Bachelor in Physical Education is not the only option to start your career. A Diploma in Physical Education is a two-year course that can provide you with essential skills and knowledge required in the field to build a career in sports. Completing a DPEd course will help you build a career in fields like sports, gym and fitness, weight lifting, and weight training.
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Diploma in Physical Education?
- Syllabus of Diploma in Physical Education
- Documents Required for Admission Abroad
- Eligibility for Diploma in Physical Education in India
- List of Top Universities Around the World for DPEd
- List of Top Institutes In India for DPEd
- Suggested Books for Diploma in Physical Education
- Major Areas of Employment
- Job Types and Salary
- Future Courses After Diploma in Physical Education
What is a Diploma in Physical Education?
Diploma in Physical Education or DPEd is a two-year course related to the education of physical elements of our body. It is structured in a way that it gives complete knowledge on human fitness, activities, and health. It is based on both theory and practicals. The practical perspective involves adventurous work such as field sports, gym and fitness, weight lifting, etc. It is important to manage our mental health to manage such vigorous exercise. A DPEd program teaches you both. The theory involves learning about physical training for a healthy lifestyle.
Syllabus of Diploma in Physical Education
The subjects and syllabus for the course revolve around mental health and physical fitness.
- English and Communication Skills
- Foundations of Physical Education
- History of Physical Education
- The Teaching of Fundamentals, Rules and Regulations and Measurements of Track & Fields/ Respective Playfields/ Ground
Documents Required for Admission Abroad
International students who want to pursue Diploma in Physical Education must submit the required documents:
- Online application
- Statement of Purpose
- Official IELTS/TOEFL scores, if applicable
- Transcripts and mark sheets from high school
Eligibility for Diploma in Physical Education in India
- Candidates of 12th standard must possess 50% – 60% marks in aggregate of any stream.
- Candidates with a sports quota are also eligible for the same course. The sports quota provides them extra benefits allowing them to qualify for DPEd.
- Candidates must fill in all the credentials in the application form that includes personal information and educational transcripts.
- Later on, the interviews and medical tests take place for qualified aspirants
Check Out: MAH B.P.Ed CET
List of Top Universities Around the World for DPEd
Several universities around the world offer a Diploma in Physical Education.
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Foothill College, USA
- Western Michigan University, USA
- University of Idaho, USA
- University of New Mexico, USA
- University of Victoria, Canada
- University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Australian College of Physical Education, Australia
- Concordia University-Portland, USA
- Olympic College, USA
- Georgia State University, USA
List of Top Institutes In India for DPEd
- Lovely Professional University
- Tantia University
- Gujarat University
- Malwa College of Physical Education
- Govind National College
- Jayaram Polytechnic College
- St. Soldier College of Education
- Tatya Tope State College of Physical Education
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
- The Alagappa University College of Physical Education
Also Read: Top BPEd Colleges In India in 2021
Suggested Books for Diploma in Physical Education
If you are planning to apply for a DPEd course, you should read these books as they cover the course overview
|Human Anatomy and Physiology by Pankaj Phogat||Buy Now|
|Master Physical Education by Pratima Singh Ishant Sharma||Buy Now|
|Sports Science: A complete introduction by Simon Rea||Buy Now|
|Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning by NSCA||Buy Now|
|New Functional Training for Sports by Michael Boyle||Buy Now|
Major Areas of Employment
Through DPEd, you can apply in different industries that require mental and physical health experts.
- Therapy Centres
- Fitness Centres
- Sports Academy
- Educational Institutions
Also Read: How to Build a Career in Physical Education?
Job Types and Salary
|Job Role||Average Salary Structure (in USD)|
|Gym Trainer||40,000 – 70,000 (INR 29 lacs – 51 lacs)|
|Athletic Trainer||31,000 – 75,000 (INR 22 lacs – 55 lacs)|
|Sports Trainer||31,000 – 75,000 (INR 22 lacs – 55 lacs)|
|Physical Therapist||47,000 – 79,000 (INR 34 lacs – 58 lacs)|
|Nutrition Specialist||23,000 – 52,000 (INR 16 lacs – 38 lacs)|
|Rehab. Specialist||35,000 – 76,000 (INR 25 lacs – 55 lacs)|
|Physical Education Teacher||39,000 – 59,000 (INR 28 lacs – 43 lacs)|
|Fitness Centre Director||38,000 – 51,000 (INR 27 lacs – 37 lacs)|
|Cardiovascular Fitness Instructor||40,000 – 76,000 (INR 29 lacs – 55 lacs)|
|School Gym Teacher||40,000 – 70,000 (INR 29 lacs – 51 lacs)|
Future Courses After Diploma in Physical Education
After completing a Diploma in Physical Education, candidates can pursue a further certificate, undergraduate, graduate, or PhD in Physical Education courses to build a successful career in the field.
- Certificate in Physical Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Physical Education
- PG Diploma in Physical Education
- Masters in Physical Education (After completing Bachelors)
Yes, it is worth it! This is an initial level of education to become a physical education teacher or instructor, gym trainer, athletic trainer, etc. You can begin your career with a Diploma in Physical Education.
This is a full-time 2-year program, however, some universities also offer part-time/distance learning DPEd courses to the candidates.
The average salary of a Sports Journalist ranges around INR 5 LPA – 8 LPA.
There are presently an estimated 20,600.
If you’re planning to pursue a Diploma in Physical Education, our experts at Leverage Edu will help you explore the various programs offered at top universities around the world. Connect with us today by booking your FREE Consultation call or simply call us at 1800 57 2000.