Nottingham is a vibrant city home to the UK’s top university called the University of Nottingham. The university accepts thousands of international students every year in diverse courses and offers a range of scholarships to aid them in their journey. One of the many scholarships is the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship by the University of Nottingham. This scholarship enables high-achieving students from Africa, India, or the other selected Commonwealth countries to get 50% to 100% coverage for their full-time master’s programs. Offering over 100 awards, the scholarship is for students who want to make a difference in the development of their home country.
Study in London, World’s Most Student-Friendly Destination
This Blog Includes:
About the University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham was founded in 1881 and was the first civic college in the city centre. Its foundation was laid by former Prime Minister W. E. Gladstone. In 1948, it became the University of Nottingham and was awarded the Royal Charter. The University has campuses in three countries that empower and support students to collaborate in learning, scholarship and discovery. QS World University Rankings put the University of Nottingham in the 103rd position. Times Higher Education ranks UoN as the 141st position.
To successfully apply to the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship by the University of Nottingham, you must meet the following criteria-
- Be a citizen of Africa, India, or any of the other selected Commonwealth nations.
- Be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes.
- Hold an offer to a full-time master’s program at the University of Nottingham UK in September or October. Faculties that are included are- Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, or Faculty of Social Sciences.
You will not be eligible if-
- You are a current student of or have graduated from the University of Nottingham.
- Have studied outside your home country already
- Are currently pursuing your studies in the UK
How to Apply?
- The first step would be to apply to a full-time master’s program at the University of Nottingham and receive an offer. Only then can you apply for the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship by the University of Nottingham.
- After receiving an offer, you have to apply for the scholarship through your ‘MyNottingham’ portal.
- If you have an offer for an MRes course, then you must contact the scholarships team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will provide you with further instructions regarding the application process.
The application will require you to list down your achievements, study plans, and the reasons for choosing to study at the University of Nottingham. You must mention how studying at this particular university will enable you to better contribute to your home country’s workforce. Ensure that you have enough time to prepare your answers along with your merit are the deciding factors for getting the scholarship.
Applicable for Countries
- Africa (all nations)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Pitcairn Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- St Helena
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Tuvalu and Vanuatu
The deadline for applying to the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship by the University of Nottingham is May 2022. The final decision will be made and the students will be contacted by July 2022.
|Deadline||Friday, 20 May 2022 (UK time)|
|Final Decision||July 2022|
Make Your Scores Skyrocket with Leverage Live Experts
No, the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship or an International Sporting Excellence award.
It will affect your scholarship application if the level of study, or the course you change to, is not eligible for the scholarship that you have applied for. If you are awarded a scholarship you should let us know if you change your course so that we can confirm your scholarship status and update our records.
No. You will not be able to defer your scholarship. You should apply again for our scholarships the following year and you will need to have a confirmed offer for the new scholarship year. You should contact your school or the admissions office to ensure you can defer your offer and have it confirmed.
Also Read: All About the UK Post Study Work Visa
This was all about the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship by the University of Nottingham. If you are someone who is planning to pursue your Masters in the UK, then it’s time to fasten your seatbelts and pull up your socks! Your dream university is just a call away at 1800 572 000 with Leverage Edu!