DASA is an admission scheme by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development for Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/ Non-Resident Indians/ Overseas Citizens of India to get admission into engineering, architecture design, and Management courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The admission is given on the basis of JEE’s Main ranks. Let’s read more about the DASA exam!
|DASA||Direct Admission of Students Abroad|
|Course streams||Engineering, architecture design, and Management courses|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Admission Exam||JEE main|
|Contact No. /Helpline No.||+91-08242474085|
This Blog Includes:
- What is DASA Test
- DASA 2022 Important Dates
- DASA Eligibility Criteria
- DASA 2022 Application Process
- DASA 2022 Fee Structure
- DASA 2022 Seat Allotment
- DASA Seat Quota
- Top Colleges Participating in DASA
What is DASA Test
Direct Admission of Students Abroad, or DASA. Under the DASA programme, students from NRI, PIO, OCI, and other countries are eligible for admission to NITs and IIITs based on their JEE Main scores.
DASA 2022 Important Dates
No official notification regarding the DASA has been released on the official website. Here are the tentative dates for DASA 2022:
|Commencement of Application form||1st week of April|
|Last Date for Registration||2nd week of June|
|Final date for receipt of Subject Test Scores||2nd week of June|
|1st round seat allotment||4th week of June|
|1st round confirmation||4th week of June|
|2nd round seat allotment||4th week of June|
|2nd round confirmation||1st week of July|
|3rd round seat allotment||2nd week of July|
|3rd round confirmation||2nd week of July|
|Choice filling & new registration||2nd week of July|
|4th round seat allotment||3rd week of July|
|4th round confirmation||3rd week of July|
|All rounds reporting by applicants to the allotted institute||4th week of July|
|Choice filling & registration of spot round by new applicants||1st week of August|
|Spot round vacant seats & spot round allotment||1st week of August|
|Reporting to the allotted institute by the applicant of spot round||2nd week of August|
|Commencement of Application form||3rd week of April|
|Last Date to Submit the application form||3rd week of June|
|Last date receipt (GRE/ GMAT score) for round 1 & 2||4th week of June|
|1st round seat allotment||1st week of July|
|1st round confirmation||2nd week of July|
|2nd round seat allotment||2nd week of July|
|2nd round confirmation||2nd week of July|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||3rd week of July|
Also Read: Competitive Exams after 12th
DASA Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for DASA applicants must always check if they are eligible for the program. It is mandatory to match the eligibility criteria for all applicants.
DASA eligibility criteria for Undergraduate course
|Nationality||NRI/ PIO/ OCI|
|Education Qualification||Cleared intermediate or equivalent level from recognized board/university|
|Compulsory Subjects||Mathematics & Physics and any one from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or Computer Science.|
|Age Criteria||Born on or after 1st October 1996.|
DASA Eligibility for Postgraduate Course
|Educational Qualification||Engineering degree|
|Nationality||Foreign Nationals/ PIOs/ OCIs|
|Age Limit||No age limit|
|GRE / GMAT Exam score||Minimum 300 / Minimum 480|
*Students who are in the final year of their school/ university are also eligible for applying at DASA
- Passport of the applicant*
- Proof of Date of birth
- Marksheet of classes 10,11,12 with a certificate from the school of completion of these classes
For Candidates Under CIWG
- Copy of parent’s passport working in the Gulf region
- Copy of parent’s visa/ work permit.
- Certificate of organization/company parent is working for.
*Candidates of Nepal can submit the residential proof in case they don’t have a passport.
DASA 2022 Application Process
- The application form is available on the official website.
- Create your account, fill in your email id, and create your password.
- Use the login details and log into your account.
- Register yourself & fill in the required details.
- Choose the courses and institutes in order of preference
- Upload scanned photo and signature.
- To complete the application process pay the application fee
- Take a hard copy of your application.
Also Read: FRM Exam 2021
DASA 2022 Fee Structure
|Category||Fees in INR (Tuition 1 year)||Fees in US dollars (Tuition 1 year)|
|DASA (Non- SAARC)||₹2,90,811||$4000|
Also Read: INET Exam 2021
DASA Fee Payment Process
Applicants can pay the fees through SWIFT transfer, E-Payment or NEFT/RTGS.
- SWIFT Transfer Details
|Account with Institution||DASA-2022|
|Bank Address||Vishwa Kamala Building, Mani Road,
Baikampady , Karnataka 575010, India
|Remittance Information||Fee For DASA 2022 UG CourseApplicant IDApplicant NamePassport no. & country|
- E- payment Details
- Applicants can pay the fee with a debit/credit card or through net banking
- NITK Surathkal has an online portal that applicants can access to pay the fees
- After the successful payment, the fees is highlighted on the application form
- All applicants must note down the transaction ID for future reference
- Details of NEFT/RTGS
|Account Type||Current Account|
|Account Number||16284 (Fixed) + Applicant ID|
Also Read: NMMS Exam 2021
DASA Application Fee
The application fee is Rs. 300 /- for the General category and Foreign Nationals of SAARC Countries. Application Fees can be paid through debit/ credit card or through swift transfer.
Also Read: NCHMCT JEE Exam 2021
DASA 2022 Seat Allotment
- The seat allotment & merit list of eligible candidates are prepared based on exam scores in JEE mains of applicants.
- NTA (National Testing Agency) prepares a separate list of students eligible for DASA 2022
- The applicants receive priority based on their rank on the list. The applicant that is higher on the list has a higher chance of getting his/her preferred institute/university/ course.
- The seat allotment process is the same for all the rounds.
- All applicants must have a student visa issued by Indian Mission Abroad that applies to their category.
- All applicants should visit the NTA & JEE website for the latest updates.
Also Read: TOEFL Exam Dates 2021
DASA Seat Quota
5% seats are reserved for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf (CIWG). CIWG Countries are
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Applicants who are reserved under the CIWG category & eligible for admission in NITs and IIEST Shibpur have to pay Rs 1,25,000 per annum as their tuition fee.
Applicants that are not eligible for NITs and IIEST Shibpur have to pay an equal amount of tuition fee as Indian applicants.
Also Read: Critical Reasoning for GMAT Exam 2021
Top Colleges Participating in DASA
Some of the top institutes around the country are a part of DASA 2022. Let’s check the top institutes participating in DASA:
Top NIT college articipating in DASA
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Karnataka
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
Top IIITs college Participating in DASA
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, UP
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information and Technology, Sonepat
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, MP
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam
Also Read: AIBE [All India Bar Examination] 2021
Top Schools of Planning and Architecture Participating in DASA
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada
Other Technical Universities Participating in DASA
- Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology Delhi
- Tezpur University, Assam
- Indian Maritime University
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, New Delhi
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka
- School of Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- SantLongowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab
The minimum GMAT score is 480.
No, DASA is an admission scheme through this applicants can be admitted to college/university based on their JEE main rank.
Applicants must have scored 60% marks.
Previously admission was based on the applicant’s SAT score. After the changes, the applicant is eligible and considered for admission based on their JEE Main rank.
Dubai is a city in UAE and UAE is under the CIWG category.
This was all about DASA. We hope this blog was useful. For more information & updates regarding DASA keep checking the website. The dates will be released soon. For more such important content, follow Leverage Edu!