The COMEDK UGET is a state-level entrance test for gaining admission to Engineering and Architecture courses in more than 200 academic institutions in Karnataka. Conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka or COMEDK, the exam is held to fill up around 20,000 seats among the member institutions of COMEDK every year. The institution is also engaged in conducting the counselling process of the eligible candidates. Want to know more about the COMEDK exam? Take a look at this blog to get all the information on what to expect for the COMEDK UGET 2021.
This Blog Includes:
Here is a brief overview of the COMEDK UGET 2021:
|Name Of Exam||COMEDK UGET 2021|
|Mode Of Exam||Online|
|Frequency Of Exam||Once a year|
|Duration Of Exam||3 hours|
|Colleges Accepting Exam||132 colleges|
Tentative Dates for COMEDK UGET 2021
Here are the tentative exam dates for COMEDK UGET 2021:
|Start of the registration and application process||3rd week of January 2021|
|Last date for submission of application||3rd week of April 2021|
|Dates for editing select fields in the application||3rd week of April 2021|
|Date for downloading Admission ticket for the exam||1st and 2nd week of May 2021|
|COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE E 2021 Engineering Entrance Exam||2nd week of May 2021|
|Date of publishing provisional answer keys and submission of challenges for the same||3rd week of May 2021|
|Date of publishing final answer keys||4th week of May 2021|
|Date of availability of score cards for candidates||4th week of May 2021|
Candidates from all over the country are eligible to appear for the COMEDK UGET provided that they fulfil all the basic requirements. The eligibility criteria for the different programs are as follows:
|UG Engineering Courses||The qualifying examination for admission to BE courses is second PUC or 10+2 higher secondary (or equivalent) examination from a board recognised by the State or Central Government.
The subjects at the higher secondary level should include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, along with English as a compulsory subject.
A minimum of 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is required for general candidates, which is 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka. The candidates also need to pass in all the individual subjects.
Attempting the COMEDK UGET is adequate to figure in the rank list.
Candidates with a diploma are not eligible since there is no provision for lateral entry
|UG Architecture Courses||The qualifying examination for admission to BArch courses is second PUC or 10+2 higher secondary examination.
Candidates should have at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the 10+2 level along with 50% aggregate in total or have passed their 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate. For SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka, the required aggregate is 45%.
All candidates are required to qualify the National Aptitude Test in Architecture or JEE paper 2 in the current year.
There shall be no entrance exam for admission to BArch courses, applicants will have to submit a separate application form for counselling
Application Process for COMEDK UGET
Now that you are familiar with the eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET, let’s take a look at the application process for the same. The step by step process for the COMEDK exam is as follows:
- Go to the official website of COMEDK.
- Register for application by filling in the requisite details.
- After successful registration, you will receive your user id and password via SMS or email.
- Log in using the above details and fill up the application form with all the required information including personal and academic details and preferred exam city.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay the requisite fees and submit the application.
- Log in again and download or print the application form for future reference.
COMEDK UGET Selection Process
The selection process for the COMEDK UGET exam is mentioned below.
- Step 1: Register yourself for COMEDK. You can do so from the official website.
- Step 2: Download the Admit Card for COMEDK UGET 2021: You can download the admit card for COMEDK from the official website. Your admit card will have your important details such as test centre, contact details, address, name, etc.
- Step 3: Appear for the Exam. The exam is conducted in an online mode. It is advised to reach the test centre well before time.
- Step 4: Check your result. The results for COMEDK UGET are declared online. The result will tell you your merit position, total marks with a scorecard and the individual marks obtained in each subject.
- Step 5: Appear for Counselling. If you have cleared the exam, you will be required to appear for the counselling for COMEDK UGET 2021 counselling. It will begin in the month of June.
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern
The COMEDK UGET is generally held in two shifts of three hours each and consists of a total of 180 multiple choice questions. The syllabus for the exam is based on the existing syllabus of the 11th and 12th standard. The medium of the examination is english and all the questions carry 1 mark each. There is no negative marking. The subject-wise breakup of the questions is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
Exam Centres and Fee Details
Candidates can choose to appear for the COMEDK UGET exam in any of the cities where the test centres are situated. Applicants can select three cities in their chosen order of preference among the selected options while filling in the application form. If test centres are unavailable in your chosen city due to any circumstances, COMEDK reserves the right to allot a test centre in another city. Candidates have to appear for their exam at the particular centre mentioned in their test admission ticket.
Here are the fee details for the COMEDK UGET exam:
|COMEDK UGET||Rs. 1600 + additional charges as required|
|Both COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE||Rs. 2600 + additional charges as required|
Note: The above mentioned fees are for indicative purposes only. The actual fees may be revised as necessary by COMEDK.
You will be required to carry certain documents with you on the day of your examination. They are mentioned below.
- A copy as well as your original identity proof
- A printout of your admit card of COMEDK UGET
- Two passport size photographs. They should be recent
- A scanned copy of the COMEDK UGET application form
- A scanned copy of your college/school photo id. It should be attested by the Principal of the institution.
Colleges Accepting COMEDK UGET Score
Tabulated below are the names of colleges which are accepting COMEDK UGET scores. You can have a look here:
|BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||Acharya Institute of Technology|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore|
|GITAM University||Bavasveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology||Presidency University, Bangalore|
|CMR University||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|Shri Pillappa College of Engineering, Bangalore||PES College of Engineering, Mandya|
Hope you found this blog on COMEDK UGET useful and informative. Confused about which course to choose for your higher studies? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who can help you in selecting the perfect course and university according to your requirements and interests. Sign up for a free session today!