The COMEDK UGET is a state-level entrance test for gaining admission to Engineering and Architecture courses in more than 200 academic institutions in Karnataka. Conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka or COMEDK, the exam is held to fill up around 20,000 seats among the member institutions of COMEDK every year. The institution is also engaged in conducting the counseling process of the eligible candidates. Want to know more about the COMEDK exam? Take a look at this blog to get all the information on what to expect for COMEDK UGET 2022.
This Blog Includes:
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Highlights
- Tentative Dates for COMEDK UGET 2023
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Courses Offered
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process for COMEDK UGET
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Admit Card
- COMEDK UGET Selection Process
- COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Syllabus
- Exam Centres and Fee Details
- COMEDK UGET Document Required
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Preparation Tips
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Answer Key
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Result
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Cut-Off
- COMEDK UGET 2023 Counselling
- COMEDK 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
- Colleges Accepting COMEDK UGET Score
COMEDK UGET 2023 Highlights
Here is a brief overview of the COMEDK UGET 2023:
|Name Of Exam||COMEDK UGET 2023|
|Mode Of Exam||Online|
|Frequency Of Exam||Once a year|
|Duration Of Exam||3 hours|
|Colleges Accepting Exam||135 colleges|
|Exam Fee||INR 1800|
|Courses Offered||BE & B.Tech|
|Marking Scheme||1 Mark per question. (No negative marking)|
Tentative Dates for COMEDK UGET 2023
Here are the tentative exam dates for COMEDK UGET 2023:
|Upcoming Exam Events||Dates|
|COMDEK UGET 2023 application
|15 Feb 2023 – 24 April 2023|
|COMDEK application form correction 2023||26 April 2023 – 29 April 2023|
|COMDEK UGET 2023 admit card||18 May 2023 – 28 May 2023|
|COMDEK exam date 2023||28 May 2023|
|COMDEK Provisional answer key||30 May 2023|
|COMDEK Answer key challenge facility||30 May 2023 – 1 June 2023|
|COMDEK UGET 2023 Final answer key||06 June 2023|
|COMDEK UGET 2023 Result announcement||10 June 2023|
COMEDK UGET 2023 Courses Offered
|Biotechnology||Mining Engineering||Medical Electronics||Aerospace Engineering|
|Nano Technology||Marine Engineering||Textile Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Civil Engineering||Information Science||Chemical Engineering||Biomedical Engineering|
|Automobiles Engineering||Environmental Engineering||Telecommunication Engineering||Industrial Engineering
|Mechatronics Engineering||Ceramic & Cement Technology||Construction Tech & Management||Manufacturing Science & Engineering|
|Computer Science Engineering||Automation &
|Information Technology and Engineering||Electronics & Communications Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
COMEDK UGET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates from all over the country are eligible to appear for the COMEDK UGET provided that they fulfill all the basic requirements. The eligibility criteria for the different programs are as follows:
|UG Engineering Courses||The qualifying examination for admission to BE courses is the second PUC or 10+2 higher secondary (or equivalent) examination from a board recognized by the State or Central Government.
The subjects at the higher secondary level should include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, along with English as a compulsory subject.
A minimum of 45% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is required for general candidates, which is 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka. The candidates also need to pass in all the individual subjects.
Attempting the COMEDK UGET is adequate to figure in the rank list.
Candidates with a diploma are not eligible since there is no provision for lateral entry
|UG Architecture Courses||The qualifying examination for admission to BArch courses is second PUC or 10+2 higher secondary examination.
Candidates should have at least 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the 10+2 level along with 50% aggregate in total or have passed their 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate. For SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka, the required aggregate is 45%.
All candidates are required to qualify the National Aptitude Test in Architecture or JEE paper 2 in the current year.
There shall be no entrance exam for admission to BArch courses, applicants will have to submit a separate application form for counseling
Application Process for COMEDK UGET
Now that you are familiar with the eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET, let’s take a look at the application process for the same. The step-by-step process for the COMEDK exam is as follows:
- Go to the official website of COMEDK.
- Register for the application by filling in the requisite details.
- After successful registration, you will receive your user id and password via SMS or email.
- Log in using the above details and fill up the application form with all the required information including personal and academic details and preferred exam city.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Pay the requisite fees and submit the application.
- Log in again and download or print the application form for future reference.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Admit Card
The method for downloading the admit card is mentioned below. COMEDK UGET 2023 Admit Card should be kept safe by the students.
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Look for the UGET 2023 section.
- Locate and click the Test Admission Ticket link.
- Fill in your application number and password if you have one.
- Submit the form by clicking the submit button.
- On the screen, the admission card will show.
- Save the admission for future use.
COMEDK UGET Selection Process
The selection process for the COMEDK UGET exam is mentioned below.
- Step 1: Register yourself for COMEDK. You can do so from the official website.
- Step 2: Download the Admit Card for the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test 2022: You can download the admit card for COMEDK from the official website. Your admit card will have your important details such as the test center, contact details, address, name, etc.
- Step 3: Appear for the Exam. The exam is conducted online mode. It is advised to reach the test center well before time.
- Step 4: Check your result. The results of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test are declared online. The result will tell you your merit position, total marks with a scorecard, and the individual marks obtained in each subject.
- Step 5: Appear for Counselling. If you have cleared the exam, you will be required to appear for the counseling for the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test 2022 counseling. It will begin in the month of June.
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern
The COMEDK UGET is generally held in two shifts of three hours each and consists of a total of 180 multiple-choice questions. The syllabus for the exam is based on the existing syllabus of the 11th and 12th standards. The medium of the examination is English and all the questions carry 1 mark each. There is no negative marking. The subject-wise breakup of the questions is as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
COMEDK UGET 2023 Syllabus
|Mole Concept||Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding||Aromatic Compounds||Alcohols|
|Chemical Kinetics||Surface Chemistry||Solutions||Environmental
|Thermodynamics||Classification of elements &||Metal and Metallurgy||Ethers|
|Solid State||Gaseous and Liquid State||Hydrogen||Aldehydes and Ketones|
|Aromatic Compounds||S-block elements||Phenols||Nuclear Chemistry|
|periodicity in properties||P-block elements||Measurement in Chemistry||Carbohydrates|
|F block elements||Co-ordination Compounds||Basic Concepts||Chemistry in Action|
|General Dimensions||Thermal Physics||Electricity and Magnetism||Thermal and Chemical
Effects of Current
|Modern Physics||Oscillations||Sound and Mechanics
|Hooke’s Law and
|Matrices and Determinants||Differential Equations||Differential calculus|
|Vector Algebra||Circles||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Number System||Integral Calculus||Probability|
Exam Centres and Fee Details
Candidates can choose to appear for the COMEDK UGET exam in any of the cities where the test centers are situated. Applicants can select three cities in their chosen order of preference among the selected options while filling in the application form. If test centers are unavailable in your chosen city due to any circumstances, COMEDK reserves the right to allot a test center in another city. Candidates have to appear for their exam at the particular center mentioned in their test admission ticket.
Here are the fee details for the COMEDK UGET exam:
|COMEDK UGET||Rs. 1600 + additional charges as required|
|Both COMEDK UGET & Uni-GAUGE||Rs. 2600 + additional charges as required|
Note: The above-mentioned fees are for indicative purposes only. The actual fees may be revised as necessary by COMEDK.
COMEDK UGET Document Required
You will be required to carry certain documents with you on the day of your examination. They are mentioned below.
- A copy as well as your original identity proof
- A printout of your admit card for COMEDK UGET
- Two passport-size photographs. They should be recent
- A scanned copy of the COMEDK UGET application form
- A scanned copy of your college/school photo id. It should be attested by the Principal of the institution.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Preparation Tips
- Take a diagnostic exam: Students must take a diagnostic test before beginning their COMEDK UGET 2023 preparation. Examine your areas of weakness and concentrate on them.
- Students are advised to completely study all of the topics given in the curriculum. COMEDK UGET 2023 will only take questions from the published syllabus.
- Take a lot of mock exams before the exam: Students should take a lot of mock tests before the exam. This will guarantee that they increase their test results as well as their time management abilities.
- Mistakes in the mock exams should be reviewed so that they are not repeated in the future.
- Students are recommended not to learn new ideas less than a week before the planned exam. Students should concentrate solely on reviewing previously taught subjects.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Answer Key
The steps to download COMEDK UGET 2023 Answer Key are outlined here.
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Use your credentials to access the portal.
- Look for a COMEDK UGET 2023 Answer Key option.
- Go to the link and click it.
- As a result, you will be forwarded to the answer keys.
- For future reference and to estimate your results, download the answer key.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Result
To check COMEDK UGET 2023 Result, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Find the “COMEDK UGET 2023 Result” link and click it.
- The result will be redirected to you.
- Your application sequence number or User id, as well as your password, must be entered.
- To log in, go to the Login page and click the Login button.
- The outcome will now be shown on the screen.
- Take a printout of the result and save it for future use.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Cut-Off
What variables influence the COMEDK UGET Cutoff for 2023? In calculating the COMEDK UGET 2022 threshold, the following elements will play a role:
- COMEDK UGET 2023’s difficulty level.
- COMEDK cutoff patterns in previous years.
- The total number of applicants for COMEDK UGET 2023.
- Seats in the participating institutes are available.
COMEDK UGET 2023 Counselling
Following the announcement of the results, COMEDK will begin COMEDK UGET 2023 counseling. To be admitted to the institutions through COMEDK UGET 2023, all qualifying candidates must participate in the counseling procedure. Candidates must first register for COMEDK UGET counseling and rank their college and course choices in order of preference. Seats will be assigned based on the candidate’s results, preferences, and seat availability in a certain course and college.
COMEDK 2023 Exam Day Guidelines
To reduce last-minute stress, candidates taking COMEDK 2023 must arrive at their test centers 60 minutes before the exam begins. Here’s what you should keep in mind on exam day. Candidates should bring a pencil and a sheet of paper for rough work to the COMEDK test, which will be held online. Apart from understanding what should be brought into the exam room, it is also crucial to know what should not be brought to the test center. To the exam center, candidates are not permitted to bring any text materials, log tables, calculators, electronic watches, mobile phones, or other similar items.
Colleges Accepting COMEDK UGET Score
Tabulated below are the names of colleges that are accepting COMEDK UGET scores. You can have a look here:
|BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore||Acharya Institute of Technology|
|RV College of Engineering, Bangalore||The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore|
|GITAM University||Bavasveshwar Engineering College, Bagalkot|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology||Presidency University, Bangalore|
|CMR University||Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|Shri Pillappa College of Engineering, Bangalore||PES College of Engineering, Mandya|
From 15 Feb 2023 through 24 April, the COMEDK UGET 2023 application form will be accessible online. COMEDK UGET 2022 application dates have been published on the official website by the authorities.
Candidates seeking admission to COMEDK’s BTech programs must meet AICTE’s qualifying requirements.
On 10 June, 2023, the authority will announce the COMEDK UGET 2023 results.
Hope you found this blog on COMEDK UGET useful and informative. Confused about which course to choose for your higher studies? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who can help you in selecting the perfect course and university according to your requirements and interests. Sign up for a free session today!