Class 10 is considered to be one of the most crucial stages of our life. In order to secure exceptionally good marks in the board exams, one needs to study every subject comprehensively. Just like other subjects, the standard and difficulty of mathematics also take a leap as it forms the foundation for the topics covered in class 11th Maths syllabus and that in 12th. Understanding the concepts, memorizing the formulas and practising the mathematical questions regularly requires an immense amount of dedication and hard work. At this stage of education, the class 10 maths syllabus aims at employing the mathematical identities and formulas to solve complex questions which may arise in our daily life situations. For this, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced a special curriculum which enhances critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities of the student. Through this blog, we will provide you with every single information you need to know about the class 10 maths syllabus!
This Blog Includes:
|7.||Statistics and Probability||11|
Let us have a brief discussion on all these aforementioned units and the prominent topics covered under them.
Unit 1: Number Systems
This unit of class 10 Maths syllabus consists of the following important topics that you need to study:
- Euclid’s division lemma
- Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic statements
- Proof of irrationality
- Terminating and non-terminating recurring decimals
Click Here for a Free Consultation Session!
Unit 2: Algebra
Providing the students with advanced knowledge about linear equations and polynomials, this unit of class 10 Maths syllabus includes chapters on the following topics:
- Polynomials (zeros of a polynomial, coefficient of quadratic polynomials, etc.)
- Pair of Linear Equations in two variables (solution through graphical and algebraic methods, simple situational problems, etc.)
- Quadratic Equations (standard form of a Quadratic Equation, solving quadratic equations with factorization, the relationship between the nature of roots and discriminant, etc.)
- Arithmetic Progression (derivation of Arithmetic Progression to the nth term, the sum of first n terms of arithmetic progression, etc.)
Unit 3: Coordinate Geometry
Familiarizing the students with the concepts of coordinate geometry, the third unit of class 10 Maths syllabus includes the following topics:
- Concepts of coordinate geometry
- Area of Triangle
- Graphical representation of linear equations
- Distance Formula
- Sections Formula (internal division)
Unit 4: Geometry
The class 10 Maths syllabus of this topic emphasizes more on the geometrical section of the subject through the inclusion of the following chapters:
- Triangles (definitions and examples of similar triangles)
- Circles (circles include the tangent to a circle which is the point of contact)
- Constructions (division of a line segment in a given ratio, constructing a triangle alike to the given triangle, tangent to a circle from an outside point, etc.)
Unit 5: Trigonometry
This unit of class 10 Maths syllabus introduces the students to the concept of trigonometry through these chapters:
- Introduction to Trigonometry (Trigonometric ratios of an acute and right-angled triangle, etc.)
- Trigonometric Identities (proof and application of identity sin2A+cos2 A =1, trigonometric ratio of complementary angles)
- Heights and Distances (problems on heights and distance, angles of elevation and depression, etc.)
Unit 6: Mensuration
One of the most important units of the class 10 Maths syllabus, familiarises the students with various concepts and mensuration formulas of different shapes and dimensions. Below are the most important topics under this unit:
- Areas related to circles (area and circumference of a circle, segments, and sectors; plane figures with triangles, circles and simple quadrilaterals)
- Surface areas and volumes (volumes and surface areas of a combination of two of any of the following- cubes, cuboids, cylinders, spheres, hemisphere, cones, frustum of a cone, etc.)
Unit 7: Statistics and Probability
This last and seventh unit of the class 10 Maths syllabus advances the students with concepts pertaining to statistics and probability. Following are the most notable topics under this unit.
- Statistics (cumulative frequency graph; mean, median and mode of grouped data, etc.)
- Probability (definition of probability, probability questions of an event, etc.)
Class 10 Maths Important Topics
- Areas related to Cirles.
- Arithmetic Progression.
- Coordinate Geometry.
- Introduction to Trigonometry.
- Linear Equations in two variables.
Class 10 Maths Deleted Syllabus
For more information on the class 10 Maths syllabus, visit the official website of CBSE or click here to redirect or Download Main cbse syllabus from here
Hence, the class 10 Maths syllabus is very vast and needs regular practice to score well. If you are unsure about which field to choose after 10th and are in need of educational counselling then take the assistance of the experts at Leverage Edu who will guide you in selecting a stream that aligns with your interests!