Civil Engineers are technical professionals who are responsible for analyzing, devising, designing, and maintenance of infrastructure and facilities. From designing urban structures like shopping malls, sports complex, and official buildings to building power plants, tunnels, and oil rigs, there is an array of industries Civil Engineering graduates can work in. After completing an undergraduate program in this field, you can either pursue higher studies in different countries like an MS in Civil Engineering in Canada or can look for varied job opportunities in this field. Through this blog, we will walk you through the multitude of Civil Engineering jobs for freshers and the varied range of industries and sectors offering work opportunities in this field.
This Blog Includes:
- Requisite Skills
- Civil Engineering Jobs for Freshers: Major Industries
- Major Recruiters in India
- Civil Engineering Jobs for Freshers Abroad
- Become an Entrepreneur
- Job Profiles in Civil Engineering
- Scope of Civil Engineering for Female
- Average Salary Package of Freshers in Civil Engineering
- General Facts Regarding Salary of Civil Engineer
There are a multitude of Civil Engineering jobs for freshers offered across the globe. But before applying for different opportunities, it is important to take a look at the skills required to build a lucrative career in this field. Below are some of the transferable career skills which companies look for in graduates:
- Excellent data interpretation and numeracy skills
- Good project management and communication skills
- Problem-solving with a bent of creativity
- Adept in software like AutoCAD, Primavera, GeoMatics, etc.
- A dedicated team player
Civil Engineering Jobs for Freshers: Major Industries
Under the expansive stream of Civil Engineering, you can discover a wide range of job prospects in several industries. Here is a comprehensive list of different types of sectors, industries and areas in which you can explore an immense number of Civil Engineering jobs for freshers.
|Infrastructure and Real Estate Sector||Construction of dams, highways, buildings, residential complexes, malls, skyscrapers, bridges, tunnels, roads, etc.|
|Mining Sector||Inspect the soils and project sites and analyze the topographical, geologic, and other relevant data to plan a project.|
|Oil and Gas Industry||Analyze, design, and modify offshore structures, maintain assets, provide technical support, design Pipe racks, and tanks, etc.|
|Water and Public Health||Prepare a blueprint for local and national authorities for the transport of waste or sewage water, modify the existing sewage and wastewater management systems, designing and commissioning plants, etc.|
|Management Services||Work as consultants or business development managers in industries like aerospace, oil and natural gas, road and shipping transport, and construction equipment.|
Major Recruiters in India
Classified within the above-mentioned sectors, below are the top Indian companies offering Civil Engineering jobs for freshers :
- Hindustan Construction Company
- Larsen and Toubro
- Lanco Infratech
- GMR Group
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Punj Lloyd
- Essar Group
- Jaypee Group
- TATA Projects
- IVRCL Limited
- Afcons Infrastructure Limited
- Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.
- Gammon Infrastructure Projects Ltd.
- Hiranandani Construction Pvt. Ltd.
- IRCON International Ltd.
- East Coast Constructions and Industries Ltd.
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Co Ltd.
Moreover, when it comes to discovering the scope of Civil Engineering in the public sector, there are copious civil engineering jobs for freshers to explore. Many Public Sector Units (PSUs) and state government industries recruit students based on the scores of the coveted GATE exam. Some of these companies are :
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- Steel Authority of India Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited
- Delhi Development Authority
- National Highway Authority of India and State Highways
- Rail India Technical and Economic Service
Civil Engineering Jobs for Freshers Abroad
Further, if not India, then you can work in countries like Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, UAE, and China. Not only these countries offer a multitude of civil engineering jobs for freshers but they also pay lucrative salaries. Some of the top global companies in this field are:
- Vinci Construction, France
- Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co. Ltd, China
- Bouygues Construction, France
- Royal BAM Group, Netherlands
- Strabag, Austria
- Balfour Beatty, UK
- Implenia, Switzerland
- Bechtel, USA
- Power Construction Corporation of China
- ACTCO, United Arab Emirates
- Arabian Construction Company, Lebanon
Also Read: Best Engineering Universities in UK
Become an Entrepreneur
Other than the above options, you can also start your own venture in this field. Though tedious, but can be highly rewarding. A good Unique Selling Proposition (USP), flexibility in accepting new ideas, in-depth research, strong network, and perseverance can help you in creating an extremely successful business. This will not only benefit you but will also create a multitude of Civil Engineering jobs for freshers. Below are some business ideas for Civil Engineers:
- Rainwater Harvesting Systems
- Land Survey Services
- Construction Materials Manufacturing
- Cement Manufacturing Plants
- Construction Company
Also read: How to become an entrepreneur
Job Profiles in Civil Engineering
In the above-mentioned sectors and industries, here the key Civil Engineer jobs you can choose from:
- Structural Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Planning Engineer
- Engineering Geologist
- Project Engineer
- Site Supervisor
- Concrete Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
Scope of Civil Engineering for Female
Many people believe that civil engineering is field engineering, and that women would have a tough time working with the labour class and dealing with a variety of other site issues. But why do those folks forget that civil engineering is a large branch of engineering that encompasses more than just field engineering? Girls can choose from a variety of office careers. Many large corporations are searching for young female engineers for training and future management positions. Here are certain civil engineering jobs for female freshers:
- Quantity Surveying
- Project Management
- Billing Engineering
- Civil Project Management
- Rate Analysis
Average Salary Package of Freshers in Civil Engineering
In India, the typical starting income for a civil engineer is roughly INR 2,42,000 per year, with the potential to climb to around INR 8,62,000 per year. Salary varies depending on where you work. Civil engineers in the United States, for example, make roughly INR 46,36,252, which is significantly higher than Civil Engineers in India. A civil engineer’s compensation is also determined by the civil engineering courses that a candidate has completed, as better education results in a higher income.
General Facts Regarding Salary of Civil Engineer
- Civil engineers are paid differently depending on their experience and region.
- Engineering Project Managers, Senior Civil Engineers, Architects, Engineering Managers, Land surveyors, Civil Engineering Technologist, and other civil engineering positions pay well.
- Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and Canada are the top five nations in the world that provide civil engineering jobs.
Drafting, Construction, Civil Engineer, Site Supervision, Estimation, Contract Management and
Interior Designing are some of the scopic jobs in this field for freshers.
Seven field of engineering are-
Construction and Management Engineering
From 2020 to 2030, employment of civil engineers is expected to expand at a rate of 8%, which is approximately average for all occupations. Approximately 25,000 civil engineering job opportunities are expected every year on average during the next ten years.
ISRO seeks active and qualified individuals for the position of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ from Civil Engineering graduates to be recruited to engineering positions in the Civil Engineering field.
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with the necessary information on the Civil Engineering jobs for freshers. If you are planning to pursue this field, the experts at Leverage Edu can assist you in choosing an ideal course and university that can equip you with the right technical knowledge and skillset required to build a career in Civil Engineering.