CGPAT 2023 is a state-level entrance examination conducted by Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board, Raipur. It allows admission into BSc Agriculture and BSc Horticulture degree courses, offered by Indira Gandhi Agriculture University (IGAU). There are a total of 21 colleges offering Bachelor of Agriculture and 6 colleges offering Bachelor of Horticulture courses that come under CGPAT. Candidates can check all the vital information regarding CGPAT 2023 such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and more important details from this article.
CGPAT 2023 Highlights
Some of the important headlines for CGPAT are mentioned below:
|Conducting Body||Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board|
|Date of CGPAT 2023||July 2, 2023|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Type of Questions||Objective|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs|
|Sections||3 – PCM/PCB/AG1/AG2/AG3|
|Courses Offered||BSc Agriculture & BSc Horticulture|
CGPAT 2023 Important Dates
The table below contains various important dates related to CGPAT 2023:
|Starts of CGPAT online application process||26 May 2023|
|Last Date of application||16 June 2023|
|Application Correction Process||17 – 19 June 2023|
|CGPAT 2023 release of admit card||To be announced|
|CGPAT 2023 exam date||2nd July 2023|
|CGPAT 2023 answer key release||To be announced|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||To be announced|
|CGPAT 2023 Result Declaration||To be announced|
|CGPAT 2023 Counselling Begins||To be announced|
CGPAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria to appear for CGPAT 2023, before you move to the online application process. Find out below:
- Candidate must be a resident of India
- Candidate must have a state domicile of Chhattisgarh
- For the general category – 25 years
- For SC/ST/OBC and the person with disability categories, along with female candidates, must be less than 28 years of age
- Applicants who have passed or are currently pursuing 12th or equivalent examination from Chhattisgarh Board.
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology as compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- For qualifying, an applicant of the general category must have secured at least 50% marks, while the rest of the categories must have secured a minimum of 45% marks in the 12th or equivalent examination.
CGPAT 2023 Admission Procedure
Following are the steps for successful completion of online application submission:
Step 1: Fill out the CGPAT application form: Candidates have to visit the official website of the exam and fill up the application form. After filling out the form, candidates can pay via online mode. Look at the application fee:
Step 2: Download the admit card: Candidates can download their CGPAT 2023 admit card from the official website of CG Vyapam by entering their registration number/ID. Admit card is a mandatory documents that aspirants need to carry to the exam centre.
Step 3: Appear for the CGPAT exam: Candidates need to appear for the exam at the allotted exam centre.
Step 4: Check CGPAT result: The result will be declared on the official website. Enter the roll number and check the official merit list. Shortlisted candidates will then be called for counselling at Chhattisgarh colleges in their preferred science courses.
Step 5: Counselling: After the declaration of the CGPAT results, candidates who have qualified for the entrance examination will be called for counselling at the campus. The candidates must carry their required documents at the time of counselling.
CGPAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Following is the exam pattern which can be helpful in strategy making:
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Duration||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for Correct Answer, No Negative Marking|
CGPAT 2023 Syllabus
Chhattisgarh PAT 2023 syllabus is mentioned below subject-wise:
- Physical World and Measurement
- Work, Energy and Power
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body
- The behaviour of Perfect Gas
- Kinetic Theory
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Structure of Atom
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Some P-block Elements
- S-block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, etc.
- Sets and Functions
- Coordinate Geometry Calculus
- Coordinate Geometry
- Calculus Mathematical Reasoning
- Programming and Probability
- Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
CGPAT 2023 Top Colleges
Check below the list of Government colleges accepting CGPAT scores:
- College of Agriculture, Raipur
- RMD College of Agriculture and Research Station, Ambikapur
- SK College of Agriculture and Research Station, Kawardha
- College of Agriculture and Research Station, Janjgir-Champa
- College of Agriculture and Research Station, Kanker
- College of Agriculture and Research Station, Raigarh
Check below the list of Private colleges accepting CGPAT scores:
- Bharti College of Agriculture, Durg
- Bhoramdev College of Agriculture, Kawardha
- Chhattisgarh College of Agriculture, Bhilai
- Mahamaya College of Agriculture, Dhamtari
- Margdarshan Sansthan College of Agriculture, Ambikapur
- Shriram College of Agriculture, Rajnandgaon
- College of Agriculture, Ambagarh Chowki
- College of Agriculture, Rajgarh
- College of Agriculture, Dantewada
CGPAT 2023 Preparation Books
With the help of these books, examinees can prepare in the best possible manner:
|Name of the Book||Author/Publisher|
|Identification of Suitable Rice-Based Cropping System for Chhattisgarh||Choudhary Divedi Prasad and Urkurkar J S|
|Chhattisgarh PAT Entrance Exam 2017 (Pre-Agriculture Test)||Arihant Experts|
|Ichthyofauna in Water Resources of District Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh||Kumar Parvej and Damle Dushyant Kumar|
|Tribal Farmers of Surguja, Chhattisgarh||Rahul Tiwari and Dr. P.K. Jaiswal|
|Chhattisgarh PAT (Pre-Agriculture Test) Parvesh Pariksha (Hindi)||Arihant Experts|
CGPAT 2023 Preparation Tips
CGPAT 2023 preparation tips are given below:
- Candidates must go through the examination syllabus before they start appearing for the exam.
- Applicants should look up practice sets and previous exam papers.
- Applicants must keep extra preparatory months in hand to revise whatever they have studied for the examination.
- Candidates should solve as many questions as possible.
The exam date will be announced soon on the official website.
The Pre-Agriculture Test or popularly known as PAT is conducted by CG Vyapam to shortlist candidates for admission to agricultural and horticulture courses.
Yes, there is a seat reservation index as per the Chhattisgarh government policies to be shared by the accepting colleges at the time of the admission process.
We hope you liked this article, where we tried to cover comprehensive information about CGPAT 2023. To read more informative articles like this one, keep following Leverage Edu!