CEPT Entrance Exam is conducted by the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, i.e. CEPT University. The university carries out this exam for admission into its various bachelor’s level and master’s courses in architecture, planning, technology, design, management, etc. Let’s learn more about the CEPT Entrance Exam through this blog.
|Exam Name||CEPT Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||CEPT University (CEPTU)|
|Category||Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG)|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Duration||3 hours i.e. 180 minutes|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Benefits of Career Planning and Development
CEPT Entrance Exam Important Dates 2021
Here are the important dates of CEPT Entrance Exam 2021:
|Important Events/ Schedules||Exam Dates for PG||Exam Dates for UG|
|Application Form Start Date||January 5, 2021||June 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||April 5, 2021||2nd Week of July 2021|
|Admit Card Availability||April 2021||2nd Week of July 2021|
|CEPT Entrance Exam Date 2021||June 5, 2021, to June 6, 2021||3rd and 5th Week of July 2021|
|Results||June 24, 2021||October 15, 2021 (Merit List)|
CEPT Eligibility Criteria
Before taking the exam, you must have a look at the eligibility criteria set for sitting in the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria for both the UG and PG courses are:
Eligibility for UG
- The candidate must have a certificate of completion of class XII or diploma or its equivalent examination
- They must have studied mathematics with minimum 50% marks in the examination
- They must meet the minimum qualifying marks for the NATA, National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
Eligibility for PG
- Candidates must have passed bachelor’s degree or diploma from Council of Architecture recognized university in the relevant stream, and scored a minimum of 55% for general category, and 50% for reserved category
- It is required for applicants to have completed class 12th with the science stream comprising of physics and mathematics
- It is recommended for applicants to have 1- 4 years of experience to apply for the PG courses
The courses offered by CEPT University are mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Urban Design
- Bachelor of Construction Technology
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Architecture
- M Arch in Architectural Design
- M Arch / MA in Conservation and Regeneration
- M Arch / MA in Architectural History and Theory
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Urban Planning
- Master of Urban Transport Systems
- Master of Urban Infrastructure
- Master of Urban Housing
- Master of Urban Design
- Master of Urban Management
- Master of Technology in Construction Engineering & Management
- Master of Technology in Structural Engineering Design
- Master of Technology in Geomatics
- Master of Technology in Building Energy Performance
Also Read: Best Designing Courses and Universities
CEPT Admission Process
After meeting the eligibility criteria, you should also understand the admission process. Take a look at a basic overview of the admission process of the CEPTU:
- Fill the application form on the website.
- The application will require your personal details, marks, etc.
- After filling the application, you must submit the respective fees.
- Admit is issued to the shortlisted candidates.
- Then, appear for the CEPT Entrance Exam.
- Finalized students are called for the interview round.
CEPT Application Fees
- The application fees for bachelor’s courses are Rs. 1500/- (inclusive of taxes).
- The application fees for master’s courses are Rs. 3500/- (inclusive of taxes), and an additional of Rs. 1000 for every subsequent subject.
CEPT Admit Card
When you appear for the entrance exam, you must carry the admit card else you will not be allowed. The steps to download admit card for CEPT Entrance Exam are:
- Visit the website of CEPT University.
- Log in by filling your registered details on the admission portal.
- If you are eligible, your profile will show an ‘admit card’ option.
- Select the admit card option..
- Download the admit card and take a printout for future reference
The centers for CEPT Entrance Exam of various courses are given below:
|Faculty||Course||CEPT Test City|
|Faculty of Architecture||MAD||Ahmedabad|
|Faculty of Planning||MUD||Ahmedabad|
|MUP||Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Bhopal, Delhi, Ahmedabad|
|Faculty of Design||MID||Ahmedabad|
|Faculty of Technology||CEM||Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Bhopal, Delhi, Ahmedabad|
|Faculty of Management||MUM||Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Bhopal, Delhi, Ahmedabad|
CEPT Exam Pattern
It is necessary to know the exam pattern so you can strategically prepare for the test. Following is the exam pattern for CEPT Entrance Exam:
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||100|
|Type of questions||MCQ and Subjective|
|Time allotted||2 hours|
CEPT Exam Syllabus
Although there is no official syllabus given by the CEPT University, all the aspirants are advised to study the following subjects before appearing for the entrance exam:
|Subject||Topics to be Covered|
|Mathematical Ability||Equations, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Differential Calculus, Trigonometry, Geometry and Modern Mathematics.|
|Visual Perception||Ability to note patterns between figures, distinguishing figures and designs on the basis of size and properties etc.|
|General Awareness||Indian Culture and History, Geography, Indian Polity, National and International Current Affairs, Environment, Famous Personalities.|
|Analytical Ability||Series, Direction Sense, Input-Output, Alphabet Series, Visual Reasoning, Blood Relations and Data Interpretation.|
|Verbal/English Ability||Reading Comprehension, Antonym, Synonyms, Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases, Sentence Correction, Grammar, Voice, tenses and Error Spotting.|
|Colour Understanding||Meaning of colours and must also know properties of colours. Types of colours, usage of colours.|
|Construction Awareness||Type of building and type of materials, famous companies, legal things regarding construction, and current affairs regarding construction.|
|Creative writing, Drawing and Creation||Drawing, creation and basic understanding of the materials used.|
Having the right book for holistic understanding is crucial. Here is a list of some important books that can be studied for CEPT Entrance Exam:
- Between Landscape Architecture and Land Art by Udo Weilacher
- Our Environment by Laeeq Fatehully
- Urban Landscape Design by Eckbo, Garret
- The Hungry Tide (fiction) by Amitav Ghosh
- Collapse by Jared Diamond
- The Future of Life by Edward O Wilson
Students who clear the CEPT exam will be called for admission counselling by the university. The date of counselling is communicated via the registered email. It is mandatory for the students to be physically present in the university for counselling.
A. Candidates can apply by filling the application form, which is released on the official website.
A. There is no management quota in CEPT University.
A. No, it is conducted offline
A. the duration of the CEPT exam is 3 hours.
A. No, it is for both the undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
This was all about the CEPT Entrance Exam. If you are interested in pursuing a career in architecture or planning, don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn from the best institutes around the world. Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu who will help you throughout your study abroad process. Book your FREE Consultation call with us or Call us at 1800 57 2000.