Studying in the prestigious universities of the world is a dream of all. One of the perks of studying there is that you can boast of having the most famous alumni. Harvard University is one such place, one of the biggest brands in the Ivy League and one of the M7 Schools. Since the year of its foundation, Harvard University has left no stone unturned to provide world-class education to its students. The University is a quintessential example of holistic development. It boasts of splendid alumni from every nook and corner of the world in diverse and dynamic domains such as Politics, Education, Law, Psychology, Business, Arts, etc. In this blog, we will delve into the journey of some of the celebrities who went to Harvard!
This Blog Includes:
Top Celebrities Who Went to Harvard
Here are some of the most esteemed Celebrities who went to Harvard:
- Birth Year 1937
- Education Barch,Cornell University
- Occupation Businessman, Philanthropist, Investor
- Harvard Education year 1975 MBA
- Ratan Tata is one of the most renowned Indian industrialists who is esteemed not only for his pragmatic approach towards dealing with business challenges but also for his proactive involvement in altruistic and philanthropic activities.
- This gentleman pursued the advanced management program from Harvard Business School in the year 1975 and since then there has been no stopping as Ratan Tata has scaled up to huge heights of success and has been one of the most trustworthy business leaders our country has ever witnessed
- He is renowned for phenomenal and remarkable collaborations like Tata Motors with LandRover Jaguar, Tata Tea with Tetley etc.
- Tata group has immensely contributed to the niche of education in our country by establishing the following institutions which are a huge name in arts, science, management
- Tata Institute of social sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Birth Year 1955
- Occupation Businessman
- Harvard Education Year 1981
- Anand Mahindra is one of the biggest business tycoons in the world who has scaled insurmountable heights of success in the business world. Young businessmen look up to him as their idol and currently, he is the non-executive chairman of the Mahindra and Mahindra conglomerate which is diversified into 22 dynamic industries ranging from automobiles, tractors to real estate.
- His alma mater is Harvard Business School from where he pursued his MBA in the year 1981 and that indeed another feather to alumni of Harvard as further he became a force to be reckoned with
- He is a quintessential example of a person who uses the silver spoon in the best possible manner and his ambition and diligence further propelled him to do something in life and scale up the Mahindra Group ofIndustries which was co-founded by his grandfather in 1970s.
- Birth Year 1961
- Occupation Politician, Lawyer, Author
- Education Columbia University, MA Political Science 1983
- Harvard Education year 1988 Law
- Barack Obama was the 44th president of the United States of America (USA) who earned a huge name because of his honest and fair practices and under his tenure USA had witnessed a positive change in its goodwill across the globe
- He graduated from the Harvard Law School in the year 1991 and there he was also the president of Harvard Law Review
- Barack Obama is a Nobel Laureate who won the Nobel Peace Prize in the year 2009 for his remarkable efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people and he had brought about positive changes in international relations.
- Birth Year 1904
- Occupation Psychologist
- Education Hamilton College BA English
- Harvard Education Year 1926 Psychology
- B.F Skinner was a pioneer in the field of psychology who greatly contributed to the behaviourism school of psychology.
- His alma mater is Harvard University which is home to some of the biggest names in the field of psychology like Henry Murray, Gordon Allport.
- He is esteemed for his concept of operant conditioning which was closely associated with Thorndike’s concept of law of effect.
- His approach towards psychology opposed the concept of free will as according to him human behaviour was a result of conditioning.
- Birth Year 1874
- Occupation Poet And Playwright
- Harvard Education Year 1897 to 1899 (left in between due to illness)
- Robert Frost’s contribution to English literature has been tremendous indeed and he is best known for his poem, “The Road Not Taken” which is considered as a mirror to life and gives valuable insight into the human psyche.
- He studied liberal arts at Harvard University and is one of the most decorated authors
- He was honoured with the prestigious Pulitzer Prize for poetry and some of his renowned works are A boy’s will, North of Boston
- Birth Year 1957
- Occupation Film Maker
- Education Miranda House Delhi university
- Harvard Education Year 1983
- One of the most famous celebrities who went to Harvard is Mira Nair. She is an esteemed Indian-American filmmaker who is mainly known for making documentary films and feature films on controversial themes.
- She majored in sociology from Harvard University and helmed a documentary film called Jama Masjid traditional journal in the year 1979 which depicted the life of the Muslim community
- Some of her best works include Salaam Bombay, the monsoon wedding and she was awarded the Padma Bhushan award in 2012.
- Birth Year- 1984
- Occupation- Internet Entrepreneur, Philanthropist
- Harvard Education year -2004
- Mark Zuckerberg is a name that needs no introduction as everyone knows him as the co-founder of a social networking site called Facebook which helped millions of people across the globe connect with their loved ones with just a single click.
- He is one of the most successful yet youngest alumnus of Harvard University.
- As of the year 2021, he is a billionaire and his net worth is approximately 11000 crores which leave many young entrepreneurs awestruck.
The given blog chronicles the successes of some of the most esteemed and famous celebrities who went to Harvard University. For more exciting and illuminating blogs like this follow Leverage Edu and how about your name in the Alumni of Harvard University and for making that dream of yours come true we at Leverage Edu will be there at every step and leave no stone unturned to help you get admission in your dream University.