People today are totally immersed in the online world. From shopping to ordering food online, technology has penetrated into every industry and has cast a wide spell on humanity. Thus, in the digital era, the need to understand the elements of software and IT has become important. However, not every member of society gets an opportunity to acquire a standard level of IT education. To overcome this hurdle, the Computer Literacy Program was conceptualized and developed on the recommendations of the National Task Force on Information Technology and Software Development. This program brought forth the Course on Computer Concepts or CCC which is aimed at providing an opportunity to the masses to develop skills and gain basic IT knowledge. In this blog, we will cover the details pertaining to the course and the CCC syllabus comprehensively. But before that, let us get an overview of the CCC program.
The CCC online certificate program was originally started to equip the general masses with knowledge of the IT sector thus ensuring that they could make a contribution, however small, to the PC incursions of enhanced as well as simple levels in different areas of applications. The primary objective of this 80 hours course, which can be pursued after clearing the exam conducted by the National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology(NIELIT) is to make individuals competent to use computers for personal and professional activities such as:
- Composing, sending and receiving emails and letters
- Creation of limited databases
- Generation of demonstrations for businesses
- Surfing the internet to find relevant and useful information
It also aims to empower housewives and small accounting businesses with IT literacy skills through the comprehensive CCC syllabus. The course is designed to be more practical-oriented to ensure faster and more impactful learning.
CCC Program: Eligibility
To appear for any competitive exam, it is necessary to satisfy the eligibility criteria. Thus before we move on to the CCC syllabus, let us go through the prerequisites needed to sit for this exam:
- Those who want to sit for the CCC certificate examination are given the option of appearing for the tests through authorized institutions that have been certified and possess the e-provisional or registration number or they can appear for the paper as a direct candidate.
- Those who wish to attempt the paper as direct candidates are not required to have a prior degree or educational skills regarding the same.
- Since this is a training course and can be undertaken at any point in time, there is no minimum or maximum age limit eligibility for this examination.
CCC Syllabus: Paper Pattern
The paper is structured in the simplest form so that it covers all the key elements of the CCC syllabus. Conducted in an online mode, this exam consists of 100 objective type questions that have to be completed in 1 hour. Even though there is no negative marking but the minimum mark required to clear the exam is 50. The CCC course runs for a duration of 80 hours in which 50 hours are devoted to practical sessions, 25 to theory lessons and 5 hours to tutorials. Thus, the students pursuing the program undergo 2 weeks of intensive training. During this course, the candidates are taught 9 chapters of the CCC syllabus which include:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Introduction to Computer
- Elements of Word Processing
- Introduction to GUI-Based Operating System
- Operating System
- Applications of Presentation
- E-mails, E-governance Services, and Social Networking
- Introduction to the Internet and WWW
- Digital Financial Tools and Applications
- Future Skills and Cyber Security
Note: This is a generalized syllabus. To get an in-depth insight into the curriculum of the digital literacy courses, you can visit the official website.
Since the subjects of the course are taught in a specified time limit, the allocated hours of each subject has been tabulated below:
|Chapters||Tutorial Hours||Theory Hours||Practical Hours|
|Introduction to GUI Based Operating System||–||3||8|
|Elements of Word Processing||2||3.5||9|
|Introduction to Computer||1||2||4|
|Communication and Collaboration||–||2||2|
|Application of Digital Financial Services||–||1||1|
|Introduction to the Internet, WWW and Web Browsers||–||6||8|
|Application of Presentations||–||4||8|
Also read: Diploma in Computer Application
Hopefully, this blog has been a fruitful read and has provided you with all the important details pertaining to the CCC syllabus. If you are preparing for competitive exams like the above-mentioned test but are not sure about how to get started with it then the experts at Leverage Edu will assist you in devising a strategy that will help you clear the exam with flying colors.