Germany has become a popular study abroad destination. As per the Federal Statistical Office of Germany, more than 25,000 students from India enrolled in German universities in 2020. Germany is an ideal destination for engineering and medical courses offering high-quality education at an affordable price. German universities and organizations also offer various scholarships to their international students to help manage their finances. One such famous scholarship for medical research is the Carl Duisberg Scholarship set up by Bayer Foundation, an initiative by Bayer Pharmaceutical Company. Let’s explore everything you need to know about the Carl Duisberg Scholarship.
|Name||Carl Duisberg Scholarship|
|Funded by||Bayer Foundation|
|Eligibility||Masters or Doctorate program|
|Field of Study||Human Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Medical Engineering, Applied Medical Sciences, Public Health, Data Science in Medicine|
|Grant amount||maximum €10,000 (₹8,73,298)|
|Duration||Minimum 2 weeks to maximum 6 months|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Medical Entrance Exams
About Carl Duisberg Scholarship
Carl Duisberg was a German chemist and industrialist known for his chemical weapons during World War I. He was also the CEO of Bayer, a German multinational pharmaceutical company, in 1900. As a tribute to this outstanding contribution and inventions, Bayer Foundation started the Carl Duisberg Scholarship. This scholarship is granted to students who want aid to enhance their masters and PhD in medicine. The number of scholarships awarded is one-time and not definite and depends upon the Bayer Foundation.
Also Read: PhD Scholarships in Canada
International students are eligible to apply for Carl Duisberg Scholarship if they meet all the requirements. Here are some of the important criteria for the Carl Duisberg Scholarship:
- Students must be enrolled in a German university
- Wanting to pursue an MSc, PhD or equivalent degree
- Minimum 2 Letters of Recommendation from current or past direct supervisors
- Offer letter from the university in Germany confirming your acceptance
- German students applying for this scholarship should be enrolled in a university outside Germany
- Scholarships are only available for masters or doctorate programs in the following fields:
- Human Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
- Medical Engineering
- Applied Medical Sciences
- Public Health
- Data Science in Medicine
Also Read: Germany Study Visa
Also Read: Germany Work Permit
The Carl Duis Scholarship is a one-time scholarship valid for a minimum of 2 weeks to 6 months. The validity depends upon the type of program or research you are involved in. Each applicant can receive funding of a maximum of €10,000 (₹8,73,298) during their scholarship duration. The Carl Duisberg awardees are allowed to use the funds for the following causes:
- Travel costs
- Visa costs
- Living costs
- Exceptional project costs for current or future studies
Here is the list of things Carl Duisberg awardees aren’t allowed to use the funds for:
- Laptops, tablets, etc
- Lab consumables
- Guest lectures
- Fees for the program other than in the German University
- Get accepted in one of the German universities for their masters or PhD program in medicine or related fields.
- Apply through the online portal only, any kind of posts or mails will be rejected. Your application should be in the English language. Apply only once, multiple calls will also lead to rejection.
- A jury of scientists will assess your application and make a decision on how much grant to award you and for how much time.
- You will be notified via mail whether you have been awarded the Carl Duisberg Scholarship or not.
Also Read: Best Student Cities in Germany
A thorough screening of your application is done by the members of the Bayer Foundation to assess whether your intention in future studies or the project is practical enough or not. If your application passes the screening test, you will be asked for evaluation by a jury of scientists at the Bayer Foundation. The evaluation will be based on your motivation, quality of the application and the grant value awarded to you.
Also Read: MBA Scholarships in Canada
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships
The Carl Duisberg Scholarship is mostly valid for the summer intake program in German universities for which semesters start from March or April
|June 1st to August 2nd 2021||Submission of application|
|30th September 2021||Results of the fellowship application|
|1st November 2021||Funding granted|
Note: Your programs must be completed within a year of your funds granted.
Yes, the scholarship is available for Indian students accepted in a German University.
The Carl Duisberg Scholarship is a one-time grant awarded. Although the decision is in the hands of the Bayer Foundation.
No, the funds have to be used for the program intended for you in a German university.
No, only masters and doctorate students are eligible for this scholarship.
Are you planning to study in Germany but worried about the cost of study? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts that will assist you right from choosing the university to best scholarships available for you. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and start your study abroad journey today!