It is impossible to refute that UK institutions continually rank among the top in the world and that UK degrees are appreciated and recognised abroad. Not only that, but the teaching and learning methods employed in the UK allow you to be creative while still developing your skill sets and confidence. Moreover, students make a choice to study in the UK because of the plethora of courses and programmes that the universities offer at different study levels. One such public research university in the city of Cardiff is none other than the renowned Cardiff University. It has a long history of creating some of the top leaders and researchers in the world. This blog will tell you everything about the Cardiff University admissions for 2022.
Know more about the upcoming Intakes in the UK for 2022!
This Blog Includes:
- About Cardiff University
- Cardiff University Rankings
- Popular Fields of Study for Cardiff University Admissions
- Cardiff University Admissions Deadline
- Cardiff University Admission Requirements
- Documents Required
- Cardiff University Admissions Process
- Cost of Studying
- UK Visa Requirements
About Cardiff University
Before knowing in detail about the Cardiff University admissions process, requirements, rankings and more, let’s invest a few minutes in knowing about the history of this prestigious university in the UK. Cardiff University was established as the University College of South Wales and Monmouthshire in 1883. The institution began awarding degrees to students in 1997, and in 1988, it united with the prestigious University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology. Finally, in 2005, the university was renamed Cardiff University. As a result, it now has the authority to grant degrees on its own. The university is continuously ranked among the top 50 universities in the world for Architecture/Built Environment, Communication and Media Studies, and Psychology, according to the latest QS World University Rankings. A total enrollment of over 33,000 students and out of this 23,000 are undergraduates and over 9,000 are postgraduates. Students from over 100 countries are studying at Cardiff University. It is the third oldest and one of the top-ranked universities in the UK. There are over 300 courses that can be studied by students at Cardiff University. Also, 95.7% of Cardiff graduates gain employment, engage in further study, shortly after graduating. Having said that, 78% of graduates of this prestigious university obtain graduate-level employment.
Cardiff University Rankings
After knowing about the background and history of Cardiff University, let’s check out some amazing rankings that the university has earned recently:
|The Complete University Guide (2022)||25|
|The Best UK Universities 2022- The Guardian||37|
|Times / Sunday Times (2022)||34|
|QS World University Rankings 2022||159|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||191|
Popular Fields of Study for Cardiff University Admissions
Listed below are some of the popular and highly opted fields of study that students opt for at Cardiff University.
|History, Archaeology and Religion||Business||Computer Science and Informatics|
|Medicine||Geography and Planning||Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Politics and International Relations||Physics and Astronomy||Architecture|
|Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies||Earth and Ocean Sciences||Psychology|
Cardiff University Admissions Deadline
Following are the upcoming Cardiff University admissions deadline that needs to be kept in mind when aiming to study here:
|26th January 2022||Closing date for the majority of undergraduate courses|
|25th February 2022||UCAS Extra opens|
|19th May 2022||Universities must make a decision on the remaining applications that were submitted by 26 January, otherwise, those choices are automatically made unsuccessful.|
|9th June 2022||If you receive all university decisions by 19 May, you must reply to any offers by this date, or they’ll be declined (except if you are using Extra to find a place).|
|30th June 2022||Closing date for late applications|
|4th July 2022||The last date to add an Extra Choice in UCAS Track.|
|21st July 2022||Clearing opens, vacancies will be displayed.|
Cardiff University Admission Requirements
Applicants must keep in mind that the admission requirements will vary for different courses and levels of study that are offered at Cardiff University. However, here is a list of the entry-level requirements that international students must keep in mind before carrying out the Cardiff University admissions process:
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants must have 78 and 81% in your best four Standard XII subjects (excluding Hindi and PE)
- For postgraduate taught courses, applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, with grades of approximately 55%-60% to qualify for our postgraduate courses.
- For postgraduate research programmes, applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution, with a grade of approximately 55% – 60%. Some Schools will also require the successful completion of a relevant master’s programme from a recognised institution.
- The applicants must also have a relevant English language qualification to satisfy the English language proficiency requirements for their course. The minimum admissions requirement is usually IELTS 6.5 but for some courses we may ask for higher grades.
Note: The minimum entry requirement is IELTS 4.0 for September entry, 4.5 for January and 5.0 for April. The Exit Test results from this course are accepted as IELTS equivalents for entry to all degree courses at Cardiff University.
Know more about the Requirements to Study in the UK for International Students!
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admissions at Cardiff University in 2022:
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- Proof of all academic transcripts
- SOP and LORs
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
- Personal portfolio (if asked by the university)
Cardiff University Admissions Process
Start the application process by login into UCAS with the “Apply Now“ button to access the application and create an account or you can begin with filling up the application form on the university online portal. Follow the below-mentioned instructions:
Step 1: Make an Account on University Online Portal
Select your desired course and register with UCAS. Discover the course through the course finder. Research the university’s placement records, tuition fee break up, living costs, course curriculum, and work permit rules before applying. If you are facing issues in gathering this data, get in touch with Leverage Edu instructors at 1800 57 2000, and from the application process to the visa process, get entry into your dream university with ease.
Step 2: Gather Test Scores of Proficiency Exams
GMAT, GRE, IELTS, or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today. A few courses may ask for the online portfolio or assignment that takes place on Skype.
Step 3: Gather other Documents
LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes, and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents. Start collecting all the necessary documents to get ahead with your application process.
Step 4: Submit your Application
Once you are qualified, collected all the documents, and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission to Cardiff University, make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
Step 5: Hang Tight for the Evaluation Period
The university will take a few weeks to evaluate the application form. You will be informed via email about your acknowledgement or rejection. As soon as you receive the offer letter, apply for Visa, apply for subsidizing, apply for nearby convenience and start pacing for your study abroad journey!
Cost of Studying
Following is the breakup of fees to study at the Cardiff University for undergraduate and postgraduate studies:
|Level of Study||Fees/year (GBP)||Fees/year (INR)|
|Undergraduate||17815 – 22018||17 – 22 lakhs|
|Postgraduate||18015 – 22719||18 – 22 lakhs|
UK Visa Requirements
The documents that must be submitted are as below:
- Academic transcripts
- Financial support proof
- Consent form parent or guardian
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
- Tuberculosis test results
- ATAS certificates (for ATAS courses)
- Health surcharge and Tier-4 visa application fee which is 300 GBP (INR 30,173) and 348 GBP (INR 35,000).
The Cardiff University admissions may seem like a costly affair. However, the University offers scholarships based on merit to students who would need them. Some of them are listed down below:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship for Research Excellence
- Cardiff India Scholarships
- Chevening and Global Wales Scholarships
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship Programme
- Law Transfer Scholarship
- PhD Research Scholarships
- Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships 2022
This was about the Cardiff University Admissions. Do you want to go to the UK to further your education? Then contact the counsellors at Leverage Edu, who will assist you in landing in the UK to pursue your dream programme. Schedule an appointment with us right now on 1800572000!