Knowledge of a programming language can open a world of opportunities. From landing your dream job to pursuing computer courses, it forms a core part of your growth as a technical professional. While the C# interview questions are generally asked in the technical stage of the hiring process, one may also be required to go through a Telephonic Interview, an aptitude test for an interview as well as a personal Interview which tests a specific set of skills including communication skills, problem-solving and creative thinking. Here are a few important C# interview questions you must keep the answers ready for!
1. What is the C# language?
Developed and owned by Microsoft, the C# is an object-oriented modern and simple programming language that is used and applied in a variety of disciplines. It is pronounced as “C Sharp” and hails from the family of languages of C, C++, and Java, among others.
2. Highlight the difference between public, static and void.
Publicly-declared variables: Can be accessed anywhere
Static-declared variables: Globally accessible without the creation of a class instance
Void: This is a type modifier to ensure that the method doesn’t return any value.
3. How can you differentiate between Abstract Class and Interface Class?
|Abstract Class||Interface Class|
|No restrictions on the use of variables||Not permitted to use variables|
|By default, data members or functions are private||Data members/ functions are public|
|Uses constructors||Doesn’t use any kind of constructor|
|Can contain non-abstract methods||Only abstract methods|
4. List some advantages of using the C# language
Apart from being an easy-to-use language, there are many reasons for its popularity:
- It is safe as there is no type-conversion
- Easy to Learn and Use
- Open-source software
- Easily adaptable by businesses
5. In C#, what do you understand by ‘Boxing’ and ‘Unboxing’?
Both Boxing and Unboxing are mainly put to use for type conversions.
Boxing: This converts to a reference type from a value type.
|int anum = 123;|
|Object obj = anum;|
Unboxing: This converts from a reference type to value type.
|Object obj2 = 123;|
|int anum2 = (int)obj;|
6. What is the major difference between Finalise() and Dispose() methods?
While both are employed to vacate unmanaged resources no longer in use such as files, and database connections in the Application Domain, there are a few subtle differences:
|Belongs to System. Object class||Belongs to the IDisposable interface|
|It is called by manual user code||Isn’t possible to be called by manual user code|
7. State the differences between Struct and Class.
|Value type||Reference type|
|Inherits from System.Value.Type||Inherits from System.Object.Type|
|Can’t be abstract||Can be abstract|
|Not possible to inherit from any other type||Possible to inherit from data of other types|
|Typically used for small-scale data||Typically used for large-scale data|
8. How is C# different from C?
C is always known as the procedural language, whereas C# is more object-oriented. The main distinction is that C# allows automatic garbage collection via the Common Language Runtime (CLR), whereas C does not. C# requires the.NET framework to run, whereas C is a platform-independent language.
More C# Interview Questions
In addition to the above-mentioned queries, you can also expect to come across a few more crucial C# interview questions. You can also read our blog on data structure interview questions if you are applying for a job anytime soon.
- Define Console Application.
- What do you understand by object?
- What are constructors?
- What do you understand by an array?
- Mention the difference between ‘dispose’ and ‘finalise’ variables in C#.
- What are the different types of comments in C#?
- What is Managed or Unmanaged Code
- Explain ‘serialisation’.
- What are String and StringBuilder in C#?
- Explain Generics in C#.
- Are ‘constants’ and ‘read-only’ different? How is it so?
- Define value types and reference types
- What are Custom Control and User Control?
- What do you understand by method overloading?
- Is there any difference between Array and Arraylist?
- What is the command for sorting elements of an array in descending order?
- Define circular references.
- State some of the common exceptions in .net. What do you mean by custom exceptions?
- Explain delegates. What are multicast delegates?
- Differentiate ‘is’ and ‘as’ operators.
C# is known as C-sharp. It is a Microsoft object-oriented programming language that runs on the.NET Framework.
C# can be used to create a number of different programs and applications: mobile apps, desktop apps, cloud-based services, websites, enterprise software and games.
While there are many ways how to crack an interview, having the right combination of knowledge, background and interpersonal skills are highly essential. If you are wondering on how to successfully answer the C# interview questions, take assistance from experts at Leverage Edu with a free 30 minutes career counselling session and climb higher towards your dream career! Click Here to take attend a brainstorming counselling session!