Canada is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse and culturally vibrant countries. Along with different human rights codes, the Canadian territories and provinces formulate their own education systems at all levels namely, primary, secondary and higher education. The funding, educational policies and quality assurance are ensured by the Department of Education of each province. All these departments are overlooked by the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) since 1967. Due to the maximum focus and importance given to education, Canada is also one of the sought-after destinations for education, especially for management degree programs. Through this blog, we will take a look at the Top Business Schools in Canada that are renowned for their quality courses in Business and Management along with the career prospects they avail to their graduates.
This Blog Includes:
- Business Schools in Canada: Popular Choices
- Top Business School in Canada with QS World University Ranking 2023
- Admission Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Popular MBA Specialisations
- Career Opportunities
- Scholarships Available for Studying MBA in Canada
Business Schools in Canada: Popular Choices
Canada is home to an array of top-ranked universities offering a varied range of degree and diploma programs in Business Administration and Management. Spanning across an array of specializations in the casting spectrum of Business, Canadian business schools are known to prepare students for this rewarding career domain by equipping them with the necessary theoretical and practical skills integral to exploring job prospects on a global level. Further, Canadian universities are well-known for their vast range of specialised MBA courses such as Master of Science in International Business (MScIB), MBA in Community Economic Development, MBA in Global Management, MBA in Financial Services, and MBA in International Business, amongst others. Below we have listed down some of the top business schools in Canada that you can choose from in order to pursue a course in Management or Business-related fields.
Also Read: Top Business Studies Courses You Can’t Afford to Miss
Top Business School in Canada with QS World University Ranking 2023
|Business School in Canada||Ranking|
|HEC Montreal University||116|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||47|
|Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto||34|
|Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University||31|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||NA|
|Ivey Business School, Western University||172|
|Schulich School of Business, York University||456|
|Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa||=237|
|Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University||=328|
|Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta||110|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||551-560|
|Micheal G. Degroote School of Business, Mcmaster University||152|
|Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary||242|
|Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria||=359|
|Faculté Des Sciences De L’administration, Université Laval||433|
HEC Montréal boasts of an impressive placement record of 91%. It is one of the top business schools in Canada and was founded in 1907 and presently enrols more than 72,000 students from across the world every year.
Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
When it comes to top business schools in Canada, the Sauder School of Business of the University of British Columbia Is home to international academicians and scholars and is globally recognized for its advanced teaching and research methods. The Sauder School of Business is home to over 34,000 students from more than 77 countries.
Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Joseph L. Rotman School of Management is located in the heart of Canada, the University of Toronto is recognized as a global centre of research and academic excellence and its business school provides an array of management degrees and diplomas spanning different specializations of this academic discipline.
Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University
McGill University is home to 6 Nobel Prize winners and currently hosts students from more than 160 countries. It is recognized as one of the top business schools in Canada for its diverse range of degree and diploma programs in supply chain, finance, and business administration, amongst others.
Smith School of Business, Queen’s University
Smith School of Business, Queen’s University is another significant one in our list of top business schools in Canada. It offers a plethora of scholarship programs to students across the globe and believes in raising business leaders through its uniquely designed management programs.
Other than the above-mentioned well-known business schools in Canada, some other popular management institutes in the country include:
- Ivey Business School, Western University
- Schulich School of Business, York University
- Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
- Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University
- Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta
- John Molson School of Business, Concordia University
- Micheal G. Degroote School of Business, Mcmaster University
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Faculté Des Sciences De L’administration, Université Laval
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes: the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
- The applicant must have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution with the minimum marks required by the chosen university.
- An average work experience of about 2-3 years (might not be required by some universities)
- A valid GMAT or GRE score is also required along with English language proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, etc.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Also Read: Diploma in Business Management
Popular MBA Specialisations
- International Management
- International Business
- Finance Leadership
- Information Technology
- Data Science
After completing a course from one of the leading business schools in Canada, students can explore an array of career opportunities in the field of management and business. While the specific career profiles might differ according to your chosen discipline, here is a list of varied career prospects that you can explore after earning a degree in the domain of Management:
- Venture Capitalist
- Management Consultant
- Product Manager
- Human Resource
- Business Analyst
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Health Services Manager
- Financial Manager
- High-End Management Consultant
- Investment Banker
Scholarships Available for Studying MBA in Canada
Listed below for your reference are the various scholarships available for students to pursue their MBA in Canada for Indian students:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- The University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. Candidates
- Hani Zeini Scholarship
- Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
Ans. Canada’s #1 Business School. Schulich School of Business.
Ans. Here is the list of some top MBA schools in Canada
Toronto (Rotman) Toronto (ON), Canada
Queen’s (Smith) Kingston (ON), Canada
Western (Ivey) London (ON), Canada
McGill (Desautels) Montreal (QC), Canada
York (Schulich) Toronto (ON), Canada
UBC (Sauder) Vancouver (BC), Canada.
Ans. Yes, doing MBA is worthwhile in Canada, as Canadian universities have strong career placement teams, and provide good exposure and career opportunities.
Thus, attaining a degree in Management from one of the top business schools in Canada can certainly give you an edge over the crowd of other graduates. If you want to explore the multitude of business programs offered by the above-mentioned schools, take the help of Leverage Edu‘s AI tool to browse through different courses and find the right one that fits your interests and career aspirations. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.