BSc in Biomedical Sciences is an undergraduate course. A field as complex as biomedical sciences requires a strong foundation built in a stimulating environment and guidance from experts. Thus, choosing the right degree and specialization becomes more important. BSc in biomedical sciences is one of the most sought-after medical science courses. We have covered BSc biomedical sciences in-depth in this blog, so make sure to read till the end to clear all your doubts regarding the course.
Also Read: Courses after BSc Chemistry
This Blog Includes:
The field of biomedical science is always short of experienced and skilled biomedical scientists, thus providing a plethora of opportunities in the field. BSc in biomedical science is a 3-year long undergraduate program which is designed to help students learn about the biological principles that govern the functioning of the human body. The course will equip you with a deep understanding of biological principles and relevant skills to help you contribute to the medical advancement in the world.
Must Read: UG Biomedical Engineering Programs
BSc Biomedical Sciences Course Syllabus
Biomedical science is a really broad field and consists of varied sub-fields that the student may specialize in. Here is a list of semester-wise subjects taught in BSc biomedical sciences.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Basic Cell Biology
- Professional Communication
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Instrumentation
- Environmental Studies
- Principles of Genetics
- Analytical Instrumentation and its Application
- Medical Physics
- Molecular Biology
- Techniques for Forensic Science
- Techniques for Forensic Science
- Hospital Management
- Project Work
- Medical Ethics
BSc Biomedical Sciences Colleges in India
Some of the best colleges in India that offer BSc in Biomedical Sciences Course are as listed below:
- Acharya Narendra Dev College, Delhi University
- Gargi College, Delhi University
- Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, Delhi University
- Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Science for Women
- Bundelkhand University
Top Universities offering BSc Biomedical Sciences Abroad
Due to complexity of the course, the university plays a major role in training the students. Choosing an appropriate university is a difficult and important decision for that matter. Here is a list of top universities providing BSc in biomedical sciences.
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Harvard University
- Imperial College London
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- Yale University
- University of California, San Diego
- Cornell University
- John Hopkins University
- The University of Tokyo
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Toronto
- Columbia University
- Princeton University
Explore: Btech Biomedical Engineering
BSc Biomedical Sciences Admission
The eligibility criteria for BSc Biomedical Sciences is:
- The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- The candidate must be from PCB stream
- If you plan to study abroad, you might be asked to submit your SAT/ACT scores. Further, you will also have to submit scores of English proficiency exams such as IELTS/TOEFL /PTE along with a Statement of Purpose and Letter of Recommendation.
BSc Biomedical Sciences Jobs
A BSc in biomedical sciences opens up a bunch of opportunities for the students and provides them with a variety of career options. Biomedical scientists are usually involved in working in labs and research centers. Here are some of the job roles for biomedical science graduates.
- Clinical Data Analyst
- Medical Coder
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Specialist
- Lab Manager
- Biomedical Scientist
- Research Assistant
- Medical Equipment Designer
- Imaging Research Scientist
- R&D Executive
Also Read: Career in Biotechnology
BSc Biomedical Sciences Salary
Average salary for a BSc a biomedical science graduate can range anywhere between INR 3 Lakh p.a.- INR 5 Lakh p.a. However, this is just a starting number and with experience this number only goes up.
BSc in biomedical science is a undergraduate program offered to help students learn about the biological principles that govern the functioning of the human body.
BSc Biomedical Sciences is a 3-year undergraduate course.
University of Oxford, Harvard University Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Imperial College London and University of Cambridge are some of the top universities offering BSc Biomedical Sciences Abroad.
We hope that this blog helped you explore the essential details regarding B.Sc. in Biomedical Sciences. Want to pursue BSc Biomedical Sciences abroad? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts to get assistance in getting admission in your dream university. Sign up for a free session with us now!