Coming into light with the boom of cryptography currencies like bitcoins, blockchain development have now made their way through various eminent industries. Blockchain refers to a digital ledger that is decentralized in nature and records transactions of numerous computers. Nowadays, many organizations are benefiting majorly because of blockchain technology as it accelerates the exchange of information in a pocket-friendly manner with keeping a double check on the security. As a technology, blockchain is extensively used for cryptocurrencies. Do you want to know how you become a blockchain developer? If yes, then let us move ahead with the blog and unfold all the requisites needed to follow this career path.
Who is a Blockchain Developer?
A trained developer who can formulate as well as optimize blockchain protocols, design the architecture of the entire blockchain system along with smart contracts and web applications with the help of latest blockchain technologies is known as a blockchain developer. Just as other coding job profiles, this one also requires meticulous knowledge of the field. There are two types of blockchain developers, let us understand the difference between them:
- Core Blockchain Developers: A Core Blockchain Developer practices architectural development by drafting the protocols that are necessary for a blockchain solution to run successfully. They are also required to manage the consensus protocol design.
- Blockchain Software Developers: A Blockchain Software Developer works closely with the core blockchain developers as they curate and implement the blockchain with the help of the designs delivered by the core developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Every job profile comes with a unique set of duties that are to be performed on a stipulated schedule. If you expect yourself to work as a blockchain developer, here are some responsibilities which you may be expected to handle:
- Establishing the security of the network, design blockchains
- Implementing the latest features and functionality of blockchain
- Designing the frontend as well as the backend of the decentralized apps (dApps)
- Examining the integration of the blockchain with other service apps
How to Become a Blockchain Developer?
It is necessary to have a thorough understanding of the technical skills that are required to become a blockchain developer. By pursuing a course in this field, you can get familiar with all the essential elements of blockchain development, cryptocurrency, bitcoin technology, to name a few. Formal education in Blockchain is usually available at the master’s level. Tabulated below are the leading courses from all over the world:
|Blockchain Development Certification||Master’s Program in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences- Computer Science||Post Graduate Diploma in Computer and Information|
|Computing with International Business||Master of Science Cyber Security||MSc Financial Technology and Market|
|MSc Information Systems and Digital Innovation||Master of IT Innovation||Master in Finance and Fintech|
To able to attain the education of your choice, you would have to align with eligibility criteria that are specifically demanded by the academic institutions. Though the actual course requirements might vary as per the program and university, a master’s level blockchain development course will basically require the applicant to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Further, to study blockchain courses (master’s level) abroad, the general requirements are as follows:
- Formal education of 10+2 with from renowned institute.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field along with minimum GPA required.
- Prior knowledge of technical skills like Data Structure, Web Development, Cryptography, Smart Contract Development, etc.
- A valid score in IELTS, TOEFL or any other English language proficiency test.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Many top universities in the world offer various degrees in blockchain development. Once you have decided the course, you can choose amongst the universities that avail the program of your choice. Enlisted below are the popular colleges and universities which you must consider for pursuing your chosen course to become a Blockchain Developer:
- Aalto University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- EIT Digital Master School
- Neapolis University
- University of Southern Queensland
- Auckland University of Technology
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- TBS Business School
- Bologna Business School
- George Brown College
Blockchain Development Jobs
With a formal qualification in an in-demand specialisation like blockchain, you are all set to work at prestigious organizations across the globe. As per your expertise in blockchain development, you can discover a plethora of job opportunities in IT companies, financial markets, stock market, business firms, amongst other industries. To begin your career as a blockchain developer, mentioned below are some of the common job profiles:
- Blockchain Engineer
- Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Quality Engineer
- Blockchain Web Designer
Thus, we hope that this blog familiarized you with the career path of how to become a blockchain developer. Our experts at Leverage Edu are here to guide you at every step of your academic and professional journey to ensure that you take well-evaluated career-related decisions to get started on your dream career path. Sign up for a free session with us today.