In recent times, blockchain has grown in popularity, especially after the rise of bitcoin prices. Several major industries like Unilever and Visa are using blockchain technology to improve transparency, traceability and security. It is especially popular in the areas related to the financial domain. As the blockchain industry expands, more and more people are joining the field. This novel industry offers a lot of scope for growth. If blockchain interests you, let’s explore some of the most famous blockchain courses.
Also Read: List of Cryptocurrencies
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain is an innovative database that lies at the heart of almost all cryptocurrencies. It is a shared, immutable ledger that helps in facilitating the process of recording transactions and tracking assets in the business network. Blockchain is quite popular in the domain of finance. The way it works is that each block in the chain contains a number of transactions, each time a transaction occurs on the blockchain, a record of that transaction is added to the ledger of every participant.
Blockchain has become quite important because it provides immediate information which is completely transparent. It is stored in an immutable ledger and can only be accessed by permission network members.
Also Read: How to Become a Blockchain Developer?
Reasons to Pursue Blockchain
Although blockchain is a relatively new concept, it may soon become a regular part of our lives. As a matter of fact, according to Gartner, the business value-add of blockchain will touch $176 billion by 2025 and it is expected to touch the $3 trillion mark by 2030.
Reasons to pursue blockchain courses are:
- Job prospects are growing in the field of blockchain technology. Companies are now looking for potential employees who have the ability to understand and communicate the value proposition of blockchain. Hence, the demand for blockchain professionals has skyrocketed in recent times.
- By taking up blockchain courses and certifications, it adds more value to your resume. Since blockchain is the latest technology of today, it is in high demand and if you are skilled in blockchain technology, it gives you more leverage over other prospective employees.
- By enrolling in blockchain courses, you can elevate your career. You can easily learn blockchain even while working at your current job. In fact, you can integrate the skills that you learn from the blockchain courses and apply them to your job. They could give you a push towards higher-paying roles.
- You also get job security when you complete professional blockchain courses. Since blockchain technology is expected to grow further in a few more years, you are guaranteed to have your job in this field.
Top Institutions Providing Blockchain Courses Abroad
Some of the top institutions providing blockchain courses abroad are :
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Cornell University
- University of Oxford
- University of Nicosia
- National University of Singapore
- Princeton University
- The University of California, Berkeley
- Duke University
- New York University
- University of Malta
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is one of the leading universities in the world. This institution offers more than 10 blockchain programs under its Digital Currency Initiative. Two of these courses are even available online for free. A few blockchain courses provided by this institute are Blockchain and Money, Crypto Finance, Blockchain Ethics and many more
Cornell University is an Ivy League university known for its world-class academics and the strength of its research. The university continues its tradition of encouraging innovation through blockchain courses such as Fintech, Blockchain Essentials, Applications in Blockchain Technology, creating a new generation of developers with a focus on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency security systems enhancement.
University of Oxford
Being the oldest among all higher education institutions in the English-speaking world, the University of Oxford is considered to be one of the world’s leading universities due to its prestige, strong academics, and impactful research. The university has many outstanding starter programs and blockchain courses in blockchain technology such as blockchain software engineering and blockchain for managers. These programs are ideal for beginners as they help them explore the potential of blockchain technology that can change the face of multiple industries.
University of Nicosia
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest higher education provider and is located in the state south of Greece. It was the first university in the world to offer a graduate degree in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. It offers blockchain courses such as Master’s in Digital Currency, Blockchain Financial Analyst Certification, Blockchain Regulatory Academy Masterclass and many more.
University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is one of the leading universities in the world and is well-known for its dynamic research, future-oriented courses, and academic excellence. The university contains a blockchain research community that conducts research and entrepreneurial initiatives. It offers blockchain courses such as Enterprise Blockchain and DLT for Executives, NUS FinTechSG Programme and many more.
Top Institutions Providing Blockchain Courses in India
Some of the top institutions that provide the best blockchain courses in India are :
- Indian Institute of Blockchain Technology, Hyderabad
- Amity University
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad in association with TalentSprint
- Indian Cyber Solutions, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and IBM Research (India) in association with NPTEL
- Emurgo Learning Solutions
- Naresh Technologies, Hyderabad
- Kerala Blockchain Academy
Also Read: MBA in Blockchain Management
Amity University aims to make students become professionals in their fields as well as good human beings with values. This university provides a PG Diploma Blockchain for a duration of 11 months. Here, students get the opportunity to interact with industry experts and a 6 week of remote internship with industry partners and career assistance for students to make a career transition into the Blockchain space. The curriculum covers applications of Ethereum, Hyperledger, Quorum, Corda and Aux Ledger Blockchain platforms and the use of blockchain in conjunction with future technologies Big Data, AI, ML, analytics and IoT.
International Institution of Information Technology, Hyderabad in association with TalentSpirit
IIT-Hyderabad has one of the largest centres for the research and development of language technologies, visual technologies, data engineering and many more. Its Blockchain Center of Excellence is focused on academic research, technical development, innovation and executive education. This institute provides a flagship program known as Advanced Certificate Programs in Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies. The duration of this blockchain course is 18 weeks with 1 year of online access and support. The course includes foundations of DLT, building smart contracts on Ethereum, building DApps on the Hyperledger platform and many more.
Indian Institution of Technology, Kharagpur and IBM Research (India) in Association with NPTEL
IBM institute is one of the world’s largest corporate research organisations. It provides a flagship program known as Blockchain architecture design and uses cases for a duration of 12 weeks. Here, the students can enrol very easily because it is free and a part of NPTEL, which is a Maharastra sponsored project. The course is conducted online. The course includes fundamental design and architectural primitives of Blockchain, the system and the security aspects, along with various use cases from different application domains including the financial sector, supply chain and logistics, and the public sector.
Zekelabs provides capability building solutions to enterprises so that they can build a future-ready workforce. It provides a flagship program, Blockchain Developer Certification Course, which is conducted over a duration of 12 weeks. This blockchain course includes a detailed curriculum on introduction, types of Blockchain, CAP theorem, decentralisation, symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, financial markets and trading, Bitcoin, Bitcoin network, Ethereum, Hyperledger and more.
Emurgo Learning Solutions Pvt Ltd
EMURGO Academy is a Global Blockchain Learning Solutions entity of EMURGO Global which was established in Jan 2019. It offers a blockchain course known as EMURGO Academy WorkPro, with a duration of 180 hours. This institute provides a flexible and comprehensive Blockchain learning program for working professionals to build competency for mainstream Blockchain opportunities. The curriculum has been devised under the guidance of CTOs and product heads who also provide mentoring and assessment by live sessions.
Best Blockchain Courses Online
Blockchain courses are also available online which are less costly and can be done from the comfort of your home. These include :
- Blockchain A-Z: Learn How to Build Your First Blockchain – UDEMY
- Blockchain Fundamentals – PLURALSIGHT
- Learn the Basics of Blockchain with Python – CODECADEMY
- Blockchain for Business: The New Industrial Revolution- UDEMY
- How Blockchain will change Business – LINKEDIN LEARNING
- Become a Blockchain Developer – UDACITY NANODEGREE
- Professional Certificate in Blockchain Fundamentals – edX
- Professional Certificate in Blockchain for Business – edX
- Blockchain Revolution Specialization – COURSERA
- Blockchain Specialization – COURSERA
If you want to pursue blockchain courses or a career in that field, then you must have certain basic skills before beginning with it. Some of these skills include :
- A degree in computer science or a relevant stream
- Familiarity with software development and information technology
- Familiarity with blockchain platforms like Ethereum, EOS, NEO, Ripple, Hyperledger Fabric, R3 Corda
- Ability to handle large databases and algorithms
- Well-versed with the latest blockchain news and industry trends
- Data Structures
- Web Development
- Blockchain Architecture
Career Opportunities in Blockchain
Pursuing Blockchain courses can give you an edge while seeking employment or while building your career in the blockchain field. There are many career scopes for a person pursuing Blockchain such as :
- Blockchain Interns
- Blockchain Developers
- Blockchain Quality Engineers
- Blockchain Project Managers
- Blockchain Legal Consultants
- Blockchain Designers
- Cryptocurrency Miners
As more Indian companies and organizations are joining the Blockchain bandwagon, the average annual salary of a Blockchain Developer in India has a broad spectrum. Usually, the salary of a Blockchain Developer in India ranges anywhere between Rs. 5,00,000-30,00,000 LPA.
Blockchain technology is slowly capturing the interest of many local and international companies. By taking up blockchain courses, you are in a better position to compete with others for job roles and you also get the opportunity to integrate the latest technology to ensure data security and transparency. If you want to know how to pursue a blockchain course from abroad, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts by booking your FREE 30-minute consultation call now!