Do you have a tremendous idea that you see as the next thing for the world? If you wish to learn and interact with industry veterans who can teach you the in and outs of the business world, we’ll back you up. Leverage Edu and Education New Zealand (ENZ) have come together to lift your visions and ideas. You pitch, we reward. We believe that your Billion Dollar Idea has huge potential. Present your unique idea to Venture Capitalists and Company CEOs from the league of entrepreneurs. You will also be mentored and guided by experts and professionals from New Zealand universities through your journey to glory. Read further through the blog to check the eligibility, prizes, and deadlines for the program!
The only people in the world who can change things are those who can sell ideas.- Lois Wyse
This Blog Includes:
The competition began on 25th October and will go on till 3rd December. Follow through the timeline to know with the important dates.
- 25th October- Contest Launch
- 17th November- Deadline for submitting the elevator pitch
- 22nd November- Announcement for shortlisted entries
- 3rd December- Online Finale
Must Read: How to Create the Perfect Elevator Pitch
What’s in Store for the Winners?
Your billion-dollar idea has an equally worthy prize for you in-store! The victor gets a dream ticket which includes virtual internships at the University of Canterbury and Lincoln University. The crux of the prize- They also get the chance for a virtual internship at a company in New Zealand!
It is important for the candidate to carefully check through the eligibility criteria for participation in the grand Billion Dollar Idea contest.
- Any Indian citizen who is 18 years and above.
- Must be a part-time/full-time student of any university or college
- Individuals must be available to attend the Online Finale on Thursday, 3rd December 2020, to present their idea to the jury.
If you are eligible, come participate and pitch your idea to take a leap towards your ambitions.
What will Make a Winning Pitch?
“Innovation is rewarded. Execution is worshipped.” Eric Thomas
Your Billion Dollar Idea is a major weapon that can help you win if you play it wisely. Excellent Execution is essential to win exceptional rewards. The points below will help you get a quick check on what will make you win the contest.
- Novelty is the crux of your concept, so make sure your idea is original.
- Your execution and the process of the concept should be clear and lucid.
- The main cause addressed should be highlighted.
- It is important that you state how your idea can be imposed and administered. The method should have implementation potential.
- Promising ideas serve people across the world. Your ideas should underline the global impact.
Jury for the Finale
The contest will be judged by an exceptional panel of judges mentioned below.
- Mr. Ralph Hays – Trade Commissioner and Consul-General, India, Sri Lanka
- Ms. Jugnu Roy– Country Manager – India Education New Zealand
- Karthik Reddy – Vice Chairperson of Indian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association, Managing Partner at Blume Ventures
Know Your Mentors
Your journey to enter the business world will be mentored by the professional faculty from New Zealand.
- Dr. Rachel Wright – Director, Centre for Entrepreneurship, University of Canterbury
- Dr. Stephen Bowden– Senior Lecturer, Strategic Management, The University of Waikato
- Dr. Hafsa Ahmed– Lecturer, Global Value Chains & Trade, Lincoln University
- Dr Jesse Pirani – Lecturer, School of Management, Victoria University of Wellington
- Dr Jens Mueller– Professor, Management Practice, Massey University
Grab this opportunity to earn and learn through this Billion Dollar Idea contest! Submit your pitch right now and expand your reach! If you need any further assistance, get in touch with Leverage Edu experts!