Architecture is that branch of science that requires a futuristic and a visionary mindset to construct timeless designs. Historical timelines have been preserved and studied time and again referring to the historical constructions built during that particular period or era. In other words, the study of Architecture is the combination of Art and Science where you apply the artistic vision for creating designs and bring it to life using Science and Engineering. Hence, no place other than Europe could be better to study Architecture when we talk about its roots and historical timelines. In this blog, we will be discovering the best Architecture masters in Europe that you must know about.
This Blog Includes:
- About Architecture Masters in Europe
- Why Study Architecture in Europe?
- Top Universities to Study Best Architecture Masters in Europe
- List of Best Architecture Masters in Europe
- Eligibility Requirements
- Documents Checklist
- Scholarships for Best Architecture Masters in Europe:
- Application Procedure
- Visa Application Process
About Architecture Masters in Europe
The best Architecture masters in Europe are available as Master of Science (MS), Master of Architecture (M.Arch), and Master of Arts (MA). To get into a master’s program in the field of architecture in Europe, you’ll need at least 60% marks in your UG or bachelors exams. Applicants from non-native English-speaking nations must additionally have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
The fees of top institutions in Europe that provide master’s degrees in architecture range from £21,950 to 47,000. This amounts to between INR 22 and 48 lakhs for Indian students. To cover this expense, you might apply for numerous scholarships to study in Europe or plan to work-study in any of its nations.
Why Study Architecture in Europe?
- In Europe, the best regions to study architecture are: The Nordic region which includes the Netherlands, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom have all been popular places and renowned for best Architecture masters in Europe for students over the years.
- The nations not only provide cutting-edge institutions with modern amenities, but they also offer a precise combination of academic knowledge and practical expertise, allowing students to have an enjoyable architectural study experience.
- Another reason you must consider Europe for Architecture and design studies is that some of the world’s most complex, fancy and best construction buildings can be found there.
- You get right from the Greek and Romanesque period to the Renaissance and Industrial Architecture in European Architectural style.
- Also, another plus point is that you can study Architecture at one of the best study abroad destinations in the world.
Top Universities to Study Best Architecture Masters in Europe
Let us now look at some of the lists of universities where one can pursue the best Architecture masters in Europe:
|University Name||Country||QS World University Ranking for Architecture & Built Environment 2021|
|University College London||United Kingdom||10|
|University of Cambridge||United Kingdom||7|
|University of Edinburgh||Scotland||20|
|University of Oxford||United Kingdom||5|
|Imperial College London||United Kingdom||8|
|University of Amsterdam||Netherlands||61|
|King’s College London||United Kingdom||31|
Apart from the aforementioned universities that are providing the best Architecture masters in Europe, here is a list of additional universities and schools for the best architecture masters in Europe:
- Durham University, UK
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- The University of Manchester, UK
- Lancaster University, UK
- Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Leeds Beckett University, UK
- The Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Hasselt University, Belgium
- Aalto University, Finland
List of Best Architecture Masters in Europe
Europe is one of the top destinations for students who are planning to pursue masters in architecture in Europe. Below, we have listed the best architecture masters in Europe. Have a look:
- Master’s degree in Biodigital Architecture
- Master degree programme in Architecture
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Master’s Degree in Ephemeral Architecture and Temporary Spaces
- Master’s Degree in Architecture and Design Business Management
- Master’s Degree in Representation and Design in Engineering and Architecture
- Integrated Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Master’s Degree in Artificial Intelligence for Architecture and Design
- Master’s Degree in Structural of Monuments and Historical Construction
- Master’s Programme in Architecture
- Master in Architecture and Urban Design
Know about How to Become an Architect?
The following are the typical requirements for applying to a Masters in Architecture programme in Europe:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with at least 60%
- Design portfolio
- IELTS or TOEFL exam results, as proof of English proficiency
- GRE exam scores or any other entrance exam (if asked by he university)
Students must provide necessary documents to support their best Architecture masters in Europe. The following is a list of necessary documents that one should keep a check on:
- Design Portfolio: This must include the prior work examples presented previously for education or employment. Sketches, schematics, work drawings, and explanations of architectural problems are all included in a design portfolio.
- Personal Statement: Within 200-300 words, this document must be clear and comprehensive, describing past education and job experience. It should also explain how the university’s curriculum will assist the applicant in achieving his or her objectives.
- Resume/CV: A comprehensive CV with references that can speak to the applicant’s potential is also helpful to the application.
- Transcripts: The candidate must present an academic transcript from the previous university where he or she earned a bachelor’s degree. If the transcript is not in English, it must be translated by a professional translator.
- Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation is similar to a reference letter, except that it is usually prepared by the employer to indicate how the candidate will benefit from the programme and how their professional performance will improve.
Scholarships for Best Architecture Masters in Europe:
Given below is some information on studying abroad for studying some of the best Architecture masters in Europe using scholarships listed below, aspiring architects can refer to these to obtain additional aids and resources.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Amount|
|Sherwin E.Small Endowed Scholarship||$1500 (INR 111,240)|
|Architecture International Excellence Scholarship, University of Salford, Manchester, UK||$6500 (INR 482,040)|
|Postgraduate studies in the field of Architecture: DAAD||$20,000 (INR 1,483,200)|
|Gabriel Prize to study French architecture in France.||$20,000 (INR 1,483,200)|
|RIBA Norman Foster Scholarship to travel and study anywhere in Europe||$8,000 (INR 593,280)|
|Rotch traveling scholarship to travel and study architecture anywhere in the world||$40,000+ (INR 2,966,400)|
|Steedman Fellowship in Architecture||$50,000 (INR 3,708,000)|
Europe is a huge continent and hence the procedure for applying to universities may vary from country to country. Here is a list of some essential documents you will need by your side while making your application to study in Europe:
- Keep your academic transcripts ready as proof that shows you have passed high school.
- You will need a valid and non-expired passport since you are an international student.
- Admission essays, LORs and SOP
- English proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, and C1 Advanced are mandatory.
Explore Career in Naval Architecture
Visa Application Process
Without the letter of acceptance, it would not be possible for you to enter any European country. So you will have to fulfill the application process and procure a letter of acceptance from a university first. Here is a basic overview of the process to get a student visa to study best Architecture masters in Europe which can be filled either online or offline depending on the country:
Step 1: Collect all the necessary documents required for a visa which include
- Passport size photos
- Application form
- An identification card or proof
- Proof of your educational qualifications like a high school transcript
- A certification from the police that illustrates that you haven’t been into any sort of criminal activity lately.
- Proof of sound financial ability
- Medical certificate declaring the fact that you are medically fit (applicable in some countries)
- Receipt of the payment you have made for the admission in your desired university
- Letter of acceptance
Step 2: Contact the consulate or embassy of the European country in which you are going to stay.
Step 3: On the day of the interview, they will ask you for the documents that you have collected earlier so be prepared. The consulate or embassy will give you the date of the interview.
Step 4: Generally a study visa in Europe gets issued within 3 to 8 weeks.
Now, as you have the necessary information based on the best Architecture masters in Europe, you can choose your destination depending on the country and university or institution of your choice. If you’re stuck at any point deciding the best-fit university and course, then check out our AI Course Finder tool. Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu by booking a free 30 minutes e-meeting with us.