Berklee College of Music was established in 1945 as a private college. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,004 students (fall 2020) and is located in an urban environment. The academic calendar is semester-based. Berklee College of Music has an 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio, with 91.1 per cent of classes having fewer than 20 students. Visual and Performing Arts, Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Engineering/Engineering-Related Technologies/Technicians, Health Professions and Related Programs, and Education are the most popular majors at Berklee College of Music. To know more about Berklee College of Music’s acceptance rate, courses, admission process, and more keep reading!
|Financial Aids||Scholarships and Awards|
|Average Fees||INR 13,00,000 to INR 30,00,000 (per year)|
|Email Address for Admissionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
This Blog Includes:
Berklee College of Music Acceptance Rate
Berklee College of Music acceptance is somewhat competitive. Every year, about 52 per cent of applicants are accepted into Berklee College of Music. Berklee College of Music had 7,860 applications last year, and 4,056 were accepted. As a result, the school is selective in who it accepts. Spend time crafting a great application that demonstrates why you are a good fit for Berklee College of Music.
Facts and Figures
- Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, was founded in 1945 by pianist and composer Lawrence Berk and is one of the world’s largest contemporary music colleges.
- The college, originally known as Schillinger House, provided training in jazz and contemporary music for radio. Many of the earliest participants were World War II veterans who had served in the military. The institution was renamed after the founder’s son as it increased in scope and size.
- For those pursuing a bachelor’s degree, the average time to graduation is four years. Berklee College of Music has a 50 per cent first-time, full-time student retention rate, which is higher than the national average of 33.3 per cent.
- In the 2022 rankings, Berklee College of Music received 101 badges. Music management is the school’s most popular major.
- The NICHE rankings are based on a thorough examination of crucial statistics from the United States Department of Education, as well as millions of evaluations.
- The Best Music Colleges in the United State – #2 out of 274
- The Best College Locations in the United States – #33 out of 1634
- Colleges in America with the Best Student Life – #34 out of 1,612 total
- Berklee was the first institution to offer jazz, rock, film scoring, DJing, and electronic production majors. It has over 250 Grammy winners among its alumni, because of its creative style and diverse study alternatives.
- COLLEGE- FACTUAL RANKINGS
- Best Music Management Bachelor’s Degree School #8 out of 57
- Best Music Management Schools #10 out of 67
- Best Arts & Media Management Bachelor’s Degree Schools #17 out of 112
- Best Arts & Media Management Schools #31 out of 164
Students can choose from over 100 courses at the university. It offers foreign students bachelor’s degrees, postgraduate studies, PhD programmes, exchange and study abroad programmes, online research, and route programmes. The following are the areas of study:
- Electronic Production and Design
- Global Entertainment and Music Business
- Film Scoring
- Music Production, Technology, and Innovation
- Music Business and Management – Entrepreneurial
- Scoring for Film, Television, and Video Games
- Music Education
- Music Production and Engineering
- Performance – Voice
1. Fill out and submit the application form: To submit your application, create an account on the application portal and pay the nonrefundable cost.
2. Send Your Transcript and Supporting Materials: You must send transcripts from all schools you have attended before receiving your decision.
The admissions process for each postgraduate programme is different. In order to get an admissions decision, postgraduate programmes generally need the completion of the following three steps:
- Fill out and submit your application form – To submit your application, create an account on the application portal and pay the nonrefundable cost.
- Send your transcript as well as any supporting documents – You will also need to submit additional supporting materials and have transcripts from any schools you have attended provided to you in addition to the online form. Supporting materials differ depending on the graduate programme.
- Finish your interview – If they are chosen to proceed further in the admissions process with an interview, all master’s degree applicants will be contacted by admissions.
Requirements and Supporting Materials
- Each Berklee graduate programme has its own set of admission requirements and supporting documentation, which you must submit through the applicant portal.
- Examine the admissions standards and supporting materials for the campus where your programme will be held.
- Supporting Materials: Through the online application portal, you will be required to add supporting materials. It is required that all documents be written in English. A résumé, a letter of recommendation, and a portfolio are examples of supporting documents.
- English Language Requirement: If English is your second language and you received your undergraduate degree at a non-English-speaking institution, you will need to submit the results of one of the standardized examinations. A TOEFL iBT score of 100 or higher, IELTS 7.5 or higher, Pearson Test of English Academic score of 73, or a Duolingo score of 120 or higher are all recommended.
- Student Visa
- When applying to a postgraduate programme, you must provide proof of a bachelor’s degree.
- Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Berklee College of Music, Berklee Valencia, Berklee NYC, and Berklee Online students receive more than $60 million in institutional scholarships and grants each year. Institutional aid is provided to about 40% of new campus students, with the average award paying 40% of tuition.
- When applying to the College, Conservatory, or Berklee NYC, all entering undergraduate and graduate students are automatically assessed for merit-based scholarships as part of the admissions process. Within their admissions application portal, Berklee Valencia graduate applicants complete a scholarship application. Students at Berklee College of Music can submit materials as part of their admissions application to have their composing and songwriting abilities examined.
- Continuing undergraduate campus students are automatically considered for particular scholarships such as the Thrive Scholarship and Division awards during their time at Berklee.
- Berklee permits all on-campus students to file special circumstances appeals to be considered for need-based institutional aid for a limited time.
To graduate from Berklee College of Music, students must satisfy the following requirements: Attain a cumulative GPA of 2.70 in major courses. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 is required.
Berklee is comparable to Juilliard in terms of prestige, with a 35% acceptance rate and an average class size of 11 students, but it focuses on more mainstream popular music disciplines, jazz, and music production, as well as student-run record firms and concert venues.
Hope this blog helped you to know the Berklee college of music acceptance rate and more! Are you planning to Study Abroad but are not sure where to start? Call our Leverage Edu experts at 1800 572 000 for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process.