Bangor University is a centre of excellence for the arts, humanities and social sciences and has more than 6,000 students from around the world. It is one of Wales’ leading Universities and has a strong reputation for teaching excellence. The university has a great campus situated between the Snowdonia mountains and the Menai Strait, so it has a beautiful location that is perfect for those who enjoy outdoor activities. Let’s explore Bangor University acceptance rate, application process and more.
This Blog Includes:
Life at Bangor University
Bangor University is a small but vibrant city. The streets are full of student life which takes inspiration from the city’s motto “In hoc signo vinces”, which means “In this sign, you will conquer”. The city of Bangor has grown over the years and currently has multiple grocery stores, shops, cafes, restaurants and much more. The residents can either go shopping or enjoy the on-campus restaurants. The University provides students with the opportunity to participate in many extra-curricular activities like sports, societies, clubs, etc. A diverse student body and student-led activities provide an engaging academic and social experience. There’s also a thriving student media scene. Bangor is perfect for any student looking to live near the heart of their degree.
Bangor Acceptance Rate
Bangor University is a public university located in Bangor, North Wales. The university was established in 1883 and is named after the city of Bangor. The university offers over 400 courses and is one of the largest universities in the UK. In 2015/2016, Bangor University had 12,625 applicants for 4,147 places (69% acceptance rate).
In total Bangor University has 36,000 students enrolled across various undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university employs around 3,000 staff members. According to data on Student Satisfaction, Bangor University is among the top 20 UK universities with regards to student satisfaction in wales.
Also Read: Seoul National University Acceptance Rate
Popular Courses at Bangor
It is an accredited, research-led and teaching-intensive University. It offers courses in over 150 subject areas across seven colleges: Arts, Business and Management, Education and Human Development, Health, Science and Social Sciences, Humanities and Languages, Sport and Recreation and Creative Industries. Professional courses like Creative Writing, Film, Media and Journalism, Product Design, and Linguistics in undergraduate degrees are also offered at Bangor University.
- School of Education and Human Development
- College of Human Sciences
- School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
- School of Psychology
- School of History, Philosophy and Social Sciences
Application Deadlines and Fees
|M.B.A International Business||September||$18,943 /Yr (INR 14.2 L)|
|M.Sc Electronic Engineering||September||$23,318 /Yr (INR 17.5 L)|
|L.L.B. Law with Accounting and Finance||Fall||$18,287 /Yr (INR 13.7 L)|
|B.Sc Computer Systems Engineering||Fall||$18,255 /Yr (INR 13.7 L)|
- Proof of higher secondary education, such as a diploma from Standard XII with a 50 %average or an equivalent diploma.
- Proof of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required for admission to a postgraduate programme.
- Proof of financial assistance
- For business courses, work experience is required.
- Proof of English language proficency
- At the XII level, a minimum of 70% in the subject “English” is required.
- IELTS minimum band of 6 varies depending on the programme.
- Pre-sessional English Programs are available to students who do not meet the English language requirements for the course they want to take.
- Transcripts of grades
- English Proficiency in a CV/Passport
- LOR/ Personal statement
- Proof that you have enough money to pay the fees
- Visas that are still valid
- Depending on the course, additional supporting documents may be necessary.
Also Read: University of Reading Acceptance Rate
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the UK! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, UK students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
Bangor won’t accept just anyone. They analyze each student’s application on an individual basis, taking into account their previous academic experience.
A good GPA of 2.5 out of 4 and good grades in earlier school with a sorted profile to apply.
Bangor University is a well-established institution with a history of academic distinction spanning over 120 years. Its status as a world-class research institution with an international reputation has been confirmed by the most recent Research Assessment Exercise.
Bangor University has attained many prestigious ranks in the UK. It ranks at 4th in Wales and 350 in the Top UK universities.
Bangor University has been providing an excellent source of higher education for many years. The university has a strong tradition of excellence, innovation and diversity which is a key part of its appeal. The REF found that more than three-quarters of Bangor’s research is world-leading or internationally good, significantly higher than the UK average.
Are you planning to study at Bangor University but not sure where to start from? Checking Bangor University Acceptance Rate is a great place to start. However, a lot of other factors must also be considered. Contact our Leverage Edu experts for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.