Established in 1919 with a quintessential emphasis on entrepreneurial education, Babson College located in Wellesley, Massachusetts and the institution was founded by Roger W. Babson. It is a non-for-profit institution and holds accreditation from NECHE, AACSB International and EQUIS. The college is one of the most renowned entrepreneurship colleges in the USA and has been consecutively ranked for its Entrepreneurship MBA program by US News and the Princeton Review. Let’s get to know more about Babson College rankings, notable alumni, MBA admissions 2021 and more!
This Blog Includes:
- Acceptance Rate: 24.4%
- Ranked #72 by US News Best Business Schools Rankings 2020
- Total Students: 3,060
- Teacher to Student Ratio: 1:15.0
- International Students: 28%
Why Choose Babson College?
Acting as one of the best entrepreneurship colleges in the USA, Babson College is the best place to connect with a bunch of passionate business students from all across the globe. Here are the prominent reasons why you should choose Babson College:
- The institute encourages a collaborative environment between students and creates an engaging learning space where students get to learn as well as put their learning to practical training.
- Babson College has its primary focus on entrepreneurial education. The institute helps students learn the fundamental business skills and liberal arts knowledge necessary to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset by providing top-class business education facilities with a blend of innovative teaching approaches.
- The institution emphasises on entrepreneurial leadership as a crucial skillset as well a mindset which needs to be mastered. Thus, students are provided with the best experiential learning environment to inculcate entrepreneurial, business and managerial skills to thrive and contribute economic and social value for the society as a whole.
- Babson College provides plentiful opportunities to help students convert their business idea into reality. The Center for Career Development (CCD) at Babson equips students with the essentials of professional growth and development and also provides students with resources for their businesses. This department also has a unique system for providing seed money for a business and also facilitates funding for students aiming to attend business conferences around the world.
Also Read: SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University
Babson College offers a wide range of specializations in all kinds of business areas such as:
- Accounting and Law
- Technology, Operations and Info
Here are the most popular flagship programs offered by Babson College:
- Bachelor of Science
- MSc in Business Analytics
- MSc in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- M.Sc. in Management and Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Certificate in Advanced Accounting
- M.Sc. in Finance
- Certificate in Advanced Management
Check Out: Top MBA Entrepreneurship Programs in the World
Foundation of Management and Entrepreneurship
Amongst the unique entrepreneurial courses offered by the school, Babson provides its students with a meticulously designed business program called ‘Foundation of Management and Entrepreneurship’ which every student needs to pursue in their first year. Under this program, all the students participate in developing, creating and managing a real business right from scratch. It involves mentorship from two renowned industry professionals who teach you the ins and out of marketing, management, entrepreneurship and operations. The college also provides loans of up to $9,000 for each business. You are required to generate a business idea and pitch it to the investors who then provide you with the funds and then you need to manage the whole business. The program is a 2-semester course and carries 8 credits. This program teaches students entrepreneurship skills by actually working on a real business. You get to learn communication skills, teamwork, analytical thinking and many such entrepreneurial skills. In the end, you are required to submit 50% of your profits to an organization and can decide about the other 50% yourself.
This program is recognized to be the biggest entrepreneurship programs and help students learn the nature of business as an integrated enterprise and knowledge of key areas of businesses.
Babson College has a striking student life as the school facilitates an inclusive, vibrant and supportive environment to all the students. They believe in the overall development of the students which cannot be achieved without co-curricular activities. The college has more than 100 clubs and societies which gives you an opportunity to indulge in what you like and enjoy the support of fellow students with similar interests. The clubs also provide a plethora of leadership opportunities to help students brush up their managerial and leadership skills. The college’s Arts society BabsonARTS hosts an array of cultural events and fiestas to immerse in the striking campus environment!
Tuition Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees||INR 40,72,500|
|Meal Plan||INR 4,59,600|
|Books and Supplies||INR 88,800|
|Health Insurance||INR 1,25,000|
|Personal Expenses||INR 1,42,950|
Note- All the costs mentioned above may vary depending on the course.
Here are the general admission requirements and document checklist you need while applying to a program at Babson College:
- Official academic transcripts
- SAT scores for undergraduate courses
- GMAT or GRE score for MBA or Master’s programs
- English Proficiency test scores such as IELTS/TOEFL. (Students scoring more than 27 in ACT or more than 650 in SAT in evidence-based reading and writing portions, may be exempted from these tests.)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
Take a look at Babson College’s notable alumni:
- Arthur Blank, American Businessman and Co-founder of Home Depot
- Akio Toyoda, Current President of Toyota Motor Corporation
- Matt Coffin, Investor and Entrepreneur
- Roger Enrico, Former CEO of PepsiCo
- Ruthie Davis, Designer and Founder of Luxury Shoe Company, Ruthie Davis
- Gustavo Cisneros, Venezuelan Businessman
- Stephen Gaghan, Screenwriter and Director, Known for movies like Traffic, Dr. Dolittle
- Will Langhorne, Race Car Driver
We hope that you found this blog on Babson College informative and interesting. Planning to study in USA? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you through the admission process of your dream university in the USA. Sign up for a free session with us now!