Things have changed a lot over the years, and the biggest change can be seen in the education sector. Many new-ages different courses have come up for students. One such course is BA in Business Economics which is a mixture of Business and Economics, it teaches a student about the various economic concepts which are used when operating a business. We will talk about BA in Business Economics in detail in this blog.
|Course duration||3 Years|
|Subject type||Commerce, Economics|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 or equivalent courses with a minimum of 50% marks|
|Additional requirement||Should have studied the Elective subject ‘Human Resource Development and Financial Markets|
|Admission Process||Merit-based | Entrance-based|
|Course Fees||INR 2,000 to 500,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3.5 to 16 LPA|
Also Read: Scope of Business Economics
What is BA in Business Economics?
BA in Business Economics is a three-year undergraduate course devoted to business enterprises, capital relationships, goods, labor markets, etc. This course’s curriculum covers major topics such as Consumer Management, Micro- and Macroeconomics, Market Research, International Business, etc.
This course should be chosen for candidates who have outstanding communication skills, a persuasive and compelling personality, strong numerical skills, and relational skills, and are able to translate, look at and use financial and business details.
Candidates for Business Economics become proficient in conducting business tasks, using business tools efficiently, taking measures, and learning to make rational and sound decisions after completing a BA (Hons.)
To gain admission to the course, aspirants must satisfy the entry criteria for BA in Business Economics. The conditions are:
- A recognized Central or Indian State Board should have completed Class XII or equivalent.
- The criterion for the minimum percentage changes for various institutes.
- Preference over others may be provided to candidates who have studied any related subject (such as Math, Economics, Commerce, or Statistics) in Class XII.
The admission process for BA in Business Economics requires candidates to follow the below-mentioned steps. We have listed them below for your reference.
- Admission to the BA (Hons.) Business Economics course is often offered through entrance examinations at the university or institute level.
- Candidates who do well by scoring high on the tests make it to the merit list.
- A counseling process based on the merit list is then performed by the college/university.
- Candidates are given seats in the expected course following document verification.
- In the selection system, some colleges often have a Personal Interview round.
- Certain colleges also give direct access to the course.
- Via their official websites, several institutions offer online applications.
- For certain schools, applicants will have to pick up an application form in person from the college office.
- Applicants have to send it (online or offline) along with supporting documentation after filling out the form.
- Colleges only allow applicants to apply for their forms after the application fee has been charged.
Here are some of the entrance exams you might be required to qualify for to get admission in BA in Business Economics –
- Loyola College Entrance Exam
- Presidency University Entrance Exam
- Fergusson College Entrance Exam
- Madras Christian College Entrance Exam
- Presidency College Entrance Exam
Top Indian Colleges for BA in Business Economics
Here is a list of the best Indian colleges offering a BA in Business Economics –
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||INR 16,390|
|Christ University||INR 56,667|
|Miranda House||INR 12,160|
|Hansraj College||INR 14,333|
|Fergusson College||INR 2,687|
|Loyola College||INR 4,614|
|Presidency College||INR 1,245|
|Madras Christian College||INR 18,719|
|Hindu College||INR 14,333|
|Ramjas College||INR 9,712|
Also Read: Bachelor of Management Studies or BMS Course
Top Universities for BA in Business Economics Abroad
Listed below are the top universities abroad for BA in Business Economics.
- Stanford University
- Columbia University
- The University of Chicago
- California Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Yale University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Northwestern University
- University of Washington
Here is an overview of the BA in Business Economics Syllabus:
BA in Business Economics 1st year
- Basic Financial Accounting
- Economics of Firm Strategy
- Managerial Economics
- Economics of Money and Banking
BA in Business Economics 2nd year
- Statistics for Business Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Development
BA in Business Economics 3rd year
- Human Resource Development
- International Economics
- Fiscal Economics
- Macro Economics
- Indian Economy and Economic Reforms
- Financial Markets
Career Options and Scope
The graduates get to work in a number of fields, such as transport, manufacturing, communications, insurance, banking, investment and retail industries, owing to the widespread application of economics in different sectors.
In government work, journalism, administration, distribution, finance, investment banking, and venture capital, career opportunities for such professionals also prevail.
Here is a list of various job profiles and their average salary –
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Professor||INR 10 LPA|
|Economics Business Analyst||INR 16 LPA|
|Economist||INR 7.9 LPA|
|Business Analyst||INR 6.5 LPA|
|Teacher||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Content Editor||INR 4.5 LPA|
Hopefully, with this blog, you are now acquainted with all the requisite details pertaining to BA in Business Economics, if you are looking forward to pursuing this course abroad but are not sure about the process, then take a 30-minute free career counseling session with the aid of experts at Leverage Edu and get answers to all your questions in minutes!