Bachelor in pharmacy in the United States of America is an undergraduate program having a duration of two to three years that focuses on preparing students for various positions in healthcare treatment, prescription, and healthcare administration. There are approximately 50 universities in the United States of America that offer B Pharmacy courses such as MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences or MS in Pharmacology. These courses feature excellence in education and teaching delivered by dedicated and well-qualified faculty members. If you want to know more about B Pharmacy in USA, eligibility requirements, documents required, and much more then Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
Why Study B Pharmacy in the USA?
Bachelor of pharmacy programs in the United States is based on academic & pharmaceutical sciences. But, before we get to the finest universities, here are some of the strongly consider studying pharmacy in the United States:
- Pharmacy is a prominent job field for individuals who have completed their MBBS or BDS and want to pursue a variety of professional prospects. After exercising, you may be able to start your own pharmaceutical business or work in hospitals to gain additional experience in this field.
- Pharmaceutical sales, medical drug research, and formulation chemists are in high demand in the pharmacy business due to rising demand.
- Pharmaceutical industries contribute significantly to the value of the biopharmaceutical industry in the United States.
B Pharmacy Course Curriculum
A bachelor’s degree in pharmacy in the United States is a four-year curriculum that begins with coursework in maths and basic sciences such as chemistry, biology, and physics.
|Pharmaceutical Science||Drug Classes and Mechanisms|
|Drug Discovery and Development||Intercultural and Global Health Issues|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|Introduction to Microbiology||Drug Dosage Formulation|
Must Read: Studying Liberal Arts in US
Top Colleges for B Pharmacy in the USA
There are numerous universities in the As per QS rankings for pharmacy, here are some of the popular colleges in the United States.
|Name of the University||QS Rankings 2023||Average Fees (USD)||Average Fees (INR)|
|University of Michigan Ann Arbor||22||USD 24100||19.67 lakh|
|University of Minnesota||41||USD 43000||35.1 Lakh|
|University of Pittsburgh||45||USD 37700||30.77 Lakh|
|University of Southern California||51-100||USD 77100||62.93 Lakh|
To pursue a B pharmacy in the USA you are required to qualify for the following eligibility requirements:
- You are required to pass high school with core subjects such as chemistry, biology, pharmacy, or a similar field from an officially recognised institution when you are aspiring to get enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy in the United States of America.
- You are also required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent to apply.
- You must also submit your GRE scores in which you must have a minimum of 150 in Verbal Reasoning, with a preference for 150 in Quantitative Reasoning.
- It is recommended that you must have a TOEFL score of 80-100 as most of the universities prefer this student
- A score of 6.5-7.0 on the IELTS is also required.
If you want to get enrolled at the B pharmacy in the USA then numerous universities offer this course. To get enrolled you are also required to submit the documents as a part of the application process. Some of the crucial documents required are as follows:
- A completed application for admission.
- Recommendation letter (2-3).
- Educational records from all educational institutions are attended to and reviewed by a credential evaluation business like WES.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover at least a year of study in the United States of America.
- Proof of English language competency via a TOEFL, IELTS, or similar test.
- Scores on standardised exams such as the GRE and others that are required for studies in the United States of America.
- Passport photocopy.
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for B Pharmacy in the USA:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Cost of Studying in the USA
One of the major aspects, when you are planning to pursue higher studies abroad, is the cost of living. Some students decide on universities and courses depending on the cost of living in that particular area. To give you an idea here is the average cost of living in the USA when you are enrolled at a Pharmacy.
|Application fees for admission||INR 3,353-INR 9,315|
|Application fees for VISA||INR 11,862|
|GRE cost||INR 15,800|
|Transportation cost||INR 7,452 to INR 22,355|
|Food and shopping prices||INR 8,942 to INR 11,923|
|Health insurance||INR 8,942 to INR 11,923|
|Miscellaneous expenses||INR 22,355 to INR 44,710|
The B pharmacy in the USA tuition might be fairly high, but major universities and colleges provide various scholarships & financial aid to overseas students to help them meet their costs. These scholarships either are university-specific or sponsored through other means. Some scholarships for pursuing a b pharm degree in the United States include:
|Name of the Scholarship||Awarded Amount in USD|
|International Student Scholarships, University of Michigan Ann Arbor||10,000 (INR 8 lakhs)|
|Purdue College of Pharmacy Scholarship||500 to 2,000 (INR 40 K – 1.6 lakhs)|
|Dean’s Pharmaceuticals Sciences Scholarship for International Students, USC||Up to 5,000(INR 4 lakhs)|
Jobs and Salary
There are numerous professional options in the United States for B pharmacy graduates who have been expertly trained by experts in research, administration, clinical practice, and community care. According to research issued by the financial firm SoFi, Trojan has placed pharmacy graduates as having the highest average earnings in the country.
|Name of the Job Profile||Average Salary in USD|
|Consultant pharmacist||55,919 (INR 45 lakhs)|
|Pharmaceutical chemist||48,861 (INR 39 lakhs)|
|Oncology Pharmacist||55,447 (INR 45 lakhs)|
|Pharmacy Technicians||36,740 (INR 30 lakhs)|
Ans. After the completion of pharmacy in the USA, some of the famous recruiters are Merck, Allergan, drug research and other pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing research companies.
Ans. you are expected to make approximately USD 70000 to USD 80000 (INR 57- 65 lakhs) per annum to work for working in companies as QA/QC analysts, drug researchers, pharmacists, and other positions.
Ans. Some popular courses with higher wages are B pharma, B Pharma+MBA, and a postgraduate diploma in pharmaceutical quality assurance.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.