Whether you are planning to study in your home country or abroad, education loans and scholarships can help you seek the best financial aid for your academic aspirations. While most of us often speculate about whether education loans are the best choice or not, there are several popular education loans in India that you can choose from. One such education loan is offered by Avanse which provides education loans for those planning to study in India or abroad. To make it hassle-free for students and their parents, Avanse has simplified the education loans and their cumbersome application process and offer phone or house call services as well. Read this blog to know all about Avanse Education Loan, its various types, interest rates, application process, repayment and more!
Avanse Education Loan in India
This education loan is for those planning to pursue higher education in India but are seeking some financial assistance to land their dream university. Let’s take a look at the features of the Avanse Education Loan for studying in India:
The courses you can get loan for under the scheme of Avanse education loan in India are given below:
- Graduation, post-graduation and professional degree, diploma courses conducted by colleges or universities approved by UGC, AICTE, IMC, Government etc.
- Technical or professional courses like engineering, medicine, law, management, aviation etc.
- Degree or diploma courses offered by autonomous institutions like IIT, IIM etc. and approved by Avanse Financial Services Ltd.
- Courses offered in India by any of the reputed foreign universities will also do.
- Vocational training, executive programs and other courses that have been approved by Avanse Financial Services Ltd work too.
Avanse Education Loan Repayment
Avanse offers you the flexibility of repaying your education loan while still in school as well as on completion of your course. Here are the major methods to repay your Avanse Education Loan:
- Interest servicing during the course
- Partial interest servicing during the course
- EMI repayment during the course
- EMI repayment post-holiday or moratorium period
- Step up repayment facility is also available
Check Out: Education Loan without Collateral
Avanse Loan for Studying Abroad
The benefits of studying abroad are almost endless including access to better jobs, building a bright future for yourself among others. Studying abroad also helps you grow as a person as you meet new people and experience new cultures and therefore more than 750,000 Indian students choose to study abroad every year. Thus, to help students fulfil their aspirations to study abroad, Avanse Education Loan is offered in the following types:
- Bridge loan
- Score based Benefits
- Pre- Admission loan
- Fast track loan
- Certificate of availability of funds
The courses you can get the Avanse education loan for studying abroad are Graduation or Post-graduation for job oriented professional/ technical courses offered by reputed universities outside India as well as courses and universities approved by Avanse for education financing.
Repayment Facility for Studying Abroad Loans
The repayment facilities for the Avanse education loan for studying abroad are:
- The minimum repayment tenure is 12 Months.
- The maximum repayment tenure is 120 Months which includes the course duration
- The grace period is of 6 months after the course is complete or 3 months after getting the job.
How to Apply?
You can apply for an Avanse Education Loan process before you are enrolled for your course. However, the disbursement of the loan will only be done after you have secured a confirmed admission at the institute or university you have applied to.
Here is how you can apply for Avanse Education Loan:
- Click Here to apply online or you could simply write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- While applying for your education loan:
- Ascertain how much finance you need from Avanse loan
- Finalize the course you plan to pursue and the university you would be studying at
- Identify the co-applicant or guarantor for the loan
- Check all the documents that are required to be submitted for the loan
- Submit the application form duly filled in and complete
- Apply for the education loan well in advance to ensure that the disbursement is on time.
Avanse has its own education loan calculator for students and co-borrowers where you can check your eligibility. Here are the basic eligibility requirements for Avanse Education Loans:
Eligibility for Students
- The student must be an Indian citizen and 18 years old or above to be able to apply for a loan.
- The admission to your chosen college or university should be confirmed before final disbursement of the education loan.
- The student loan must be co-signed by an earning co-borrower in India.
Eligibility for the Co-Borrowers
- The co-borrower can be a parent, sibling, legal guardian or relative but this person should be a citizen of India.
- The co-borrower must have a bank account in any of the banks in India with check writing facilities.
- The co-borrower would necessarily be the primary debtor in this loan.
The minimum amount for Avanse Education Loan is 1 Lakh INR but they do not put limits on your dreams even in India so they structure your domestic loan to meet your necessary needs and cost of education that works for both parties. Their education loans are designed to provide 100% coverage of the cost of education making it easy for the student and the co-borrower. The loan covers the following aspects of your education:
- 100% tuition fee as determined by the institute or university you have taken admission in.
- Living expenses including purchase of books, computers and other expenses essential to complete the course. Up to 75% of total living costs though not exceeding 20% of the total tuition fee will be covered.
- Caution deposit, building fund, refundable deposit, supported by institution bills/receipts are also covered provided that these don’t exceed 10% of the total tuition fee
- Travel expenses/passage money up to Rs. 75000/- for students travelling abroad.
Here is how the interest rate is calculated for Avanse Education Loan:
Interest Rate = Avanse Base Rate + Spread
The current Base Rate is 12.65%. Avanse’s processing fee is between 1-2% of the loan amount and is calculated on a case-to-case basis so the final amount is arrived at in the course of processing the loan application.
The education loan amount is provided to you through:
DD –Demand draft/cheque or it can be electronically transferred to the designated bank account whichever works for you and meets your needs.
Must Read: Best Education Loan in India
We have provided a list of all the documents you will need to provide for the loan below:
- 2 colour photos
- Photo ID
- Residential Proof
- Date of the birth proof
- Signature for verification
Here are some more specific documents you need for the application:
- Academic documents, proof of admission and fee structure for the student;
- 8-month bank account, income proof and collateral documents along with the relationship proof with the student for the co-borrower;
- Income proof and collateral documents for the guarantor
Check out more Loans to Study Abroad!
Thus, we hope you are all set to apply for Avanse Education Loan with the information provided above. Still confused about the best education loan for pursuing higher studies overseas? Our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you find the best scholarship or education loan as per your interests and preferences! Sign up for a free session with us to get all your queries answered!