The Auckland Institution of Technology (AUT) is New Zealand‘s second-largest university, based in Auckland, the country’s largest metropolis. It is one of the best modern universities in the world, with a five-star overall ranking from QS as well as five-star ratings in Teaching, Employability, Research, Internationalization, Facilities, Innovation, and Inclusiveness. This blog gives you information about the Auckland University of Technology Acceptance Rate!
|University||Auckland University of Technology|
|Year of Foundation||1895|
|Type of University||Public|
|Total Enrollments||Approx 27,200|
|Accepted Examinations||IELTS/TOEFL, GMAT/GRE|
|Academic Calendar||February to June, July to November|
|Average Fees||INR 15 to 30 lakhs|
This Blog Includes:
Auckland University of Technology Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate seen at the Auckland University of Technology is greater than 50%, meaning that about 5 out of 10 people who apply for admission actually get into the university. Their worldwide outlook has continuously ranked first in New Zealand. AUT has approximately 5,000 corporate partners worldwide, students from 140 different countries, and half of the academic staff was born in another country.
Facts and Figures
- 201–250 World University Rankings THE 2022.
- 451 in QS Top University Rankings 2022.
- 27 in QS Rankings by Subject 2021.
- 76 Impact Rankings THE 2021.
- 365 in Best Global Universities by US News.
- 26 in Best Global Universities in Australia by US News.
- 27 in QS Rankings by Subject 2021.
- The university’s three gyms (on the City, North, and South campuses) provide modern equipment as well as a wide choice of group exercise programmes and other sport and fitness activities.
- With more than ten student clubs available for students from every course the university provides a holistic environment in every aspect of student life.
- AUT provides 135 undergraduate programmes in 15 fields, 184 graduate programmes, 16 certifications and diplomas, and 17 short courses. Aside from on-campus courses, the university offers a Bachelor of Health Science degree via remote learning.
- AUT has a global alumni network of more than 100,000 graduates. Many alumni have gone on to achieve success in the sectors of media, technology, education, and politics.
The Auckland University of Technology is well-known for its research programmes, but it also offers courses in accounting and finance, as well as business and management. The MBA programme is very popular among overseas students attending Auckland University of Technology.
|PROGRAMMES||ANNUAL FEES (INR)|
|Bachelor of Business||15 lakhs|
|Bachelor of Design||18 lakhs|
|Bachelor of Science||17 lakhs|
|Bachelor of Visual arts||17 lakhs|
|Master of Visual Arts||19 lakhs|
|Master of Engineering||21 lakhs|
|Master of Marketing||25 lakhs|
|Master of Business||16 lakhs|
|Master of Philosophy||19 lakhs|
International students can pick from a variety of modes of study and degree programmes at Auckland University of Technology, including online programmes, route programmes, and others. International students follow a similar admission process to local students, with a few minor differences. The stages for international students to complete their application for admission to Auckland University of Technology are outlined below. Application Portal: Online.
- Statement of Purpose
- Work/ research experience (for PG Courses)
- Resume (for PG courses)
- Research proposal (for thesis)
- Academic Transcripts
- IELTS/TOEFL Score
- GRE/GMAT Score (for PG courses)
Application Deadline: The admissions process at Auckland University of Technology is divided into two semesters: Semester I and semester II. The first-semester application deadline is February 28, 2022. Students are encouraged to apply three months prior to the start of the academic year.
You may be interested in: Requirements To Study In New Zealand
Auckland University of Technology Campus
The Auckland University of Technology is divided into three campuses: the south, north, and city campuses.
- The south campus is in Manukau, the north campus is on Auckland’s north shore, and the city campus is in Auckland’s central business district.
- The Auckland University of Technology’s city campus is the university’s main and largest campus.
- Education, health, and sports courses are offered on the north campus, while engineering, computer, and mathematical sciences are offered on the city campus.
- According to AUT reviews, the campuses are loaded with areas for interactions and conversations, as well as all of the necessary amenities, such as libraries, computer suites with 24-hour access, lecture theatres, laboratories, and numerous studios.
- On the city campus, the WG building is well-known.
- A number of tourist attractions are also close to the city campus.
Check out this blog: Let’s Explore Student Life in New Zealand!
Auckland University of Technology Scholarships
The institution provides a variety of financial aid options for students studying in New Zealand, including awards, grants, and scholarships. These scholarships are available to both native and international students. Students in undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees, as well as international students, are eligible for the scholarships. Some scholarships are merit-based, while others are need-based. Some famous scholarships are:
|AUT Postgraduate Scholarship||4.63 lakhs|
|Women on campus millennium scholarship||50,100|
|New Zealand AUT-NCUK Excellence Scholarship||5 lakhs|
|Rotary World Peace Scholarship||Varies|
|AUT Undergraduate Scholarship||3.50 lakhs|
Jobs and Placements
AUT students earn a median annual income of INR 24 lakhs. Communication abilities (86 per cent), problem-solving skills (87 per cent), and critical thinking skills (86 per cent) are all skills that employers look for (87 per cent). Within three months, 60% of students find work. Before relying on it totally, one should look into proper visa restrictions.
Some business owners prefer to hire employees of their own ethnicity, although this is true in many countries around the world. Many international students, according to students, do not acquire jobs because they do not know how to make a professional CV and are not well-presented. In addition, a CV for the New Zealand employment market may differ significantly from that of many other nations.
Apart from being in the world’s top 1% of universities, AUT is also considered among the best in the world in a variety of areas, including sports, hospitality and tourism, clinical, pre-clinical, health subjects, and art.
In terms of global research impact, AUT tops Australasia. Times Higher Education, a university rankings organization, has ranked us top in Australasia for the number of times our research has been cited globally. The university’s research finds its way back into the classroom, where students can participate and learn from the findings.
Students from India who wish to apply to the university must have a higher secondary certificate with a minimum of 60% and a minimum of 60% in English.
According to student reviews on Studyportals, the best place to find out how students rate their study and living experiences at universities around the world, Auckland University of Technology is ranked 201 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and has an overall score of 3.9 stars.
This was all about the Auckland University of Technology Acceptance Rate. If you wish to study at Auckland University of Technology, then you must contact the experts at Leverage Edu!