Andhra University Common Entrance Test, popularly known as AUCET, is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Andhra University that offers admission to postgraduate courses across Science, Commerce, Journalism and Mass Communication, Teaching and Management. Through this entrance test, candidates are offered admission to Andhra University and colleges affiliated with it and Dr BR Ambedkar University. If you are interested in appearing for the AUCET this year, then read this blog till the very end!
|Name of Exam||Andhra University Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
Must Read: Bachelor of Mass Communication
This Blog Includes:
- Courses Covered Under the AUCET
- Important Dates for AUCET 2022
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- What is the Admission Process for AUCET 2022?
- Application Fees
- AUCET Exam Pattern
- AUCET Syllabus
- Cut-off for the AUCET 2022
- Exam Centers in India
Courses Covered Under the AUCET
The AUCET is conducted on a yearly basis to offer admission to postgraduate courses that include the following.
Do Read: MCom Syllabus
Important Dates for AUCET 2022
The important dates for the AUCET are tabulated below. These are tentative dates. You can check them out here:
|Application Form Release||Third Week of March 2022|
|Last Date for Application||Third Week of April, 2022|
|AUCET Form Correction Window||Fourth Week of April, 2022|
|AUCET Admit Card Release||Second Week of May, 2022|
|AUCET 2022 Exam||Fourth Week of May, 2022|
|Results Declaration||Second Week of June, 2022|
|Counselling Dates||Fourth Week of June, 2022|
- The application form for AUCET has been released, although the official exam dates have not been announced yet.
Explore: Top MTech Courses
Before seeking admission for AUCET 2022, candidates must be aware of the criteria they must fulfil to secure admission. Candidates can only appear for the exam if they qualify the eligibility criteria. Listed below are the eligibility criteria as discussed by the Andhra University’s Directorate of Admission :
- Candidates applying for AUCET must be Indian citizens.
- Candidates applying for AUCET must have residential proof of them being residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must have cleared their UG with a minimum of 50 percent marks and 45 percent for reserved categories.
- Candidates applying for AUCET 2022 must have cleared their final exam this specific year only.
- Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria, shall not be allowed to proceed further with the admission process.
Must Read: TANCET 2021
Scanned copies of the following documents need to be uploaded when the application form is filled:
- Passport size photograph
- Migration certificate
- 10th standard marksheet
- 12th passing certificate
- 12th marksheet
What is the Admission Process for AUCET 2022?
There is a specific admission procedure that has to be followed by candidates that wish to appear for the AUCET 2022. They are listed below.
- Register for AUCET 2022 through the official site: Log on to the official website and Apply Online. Fill in the required details to get a unique id and password to go further with the application process.
- Application Form: After successful registration, candidates must fill the application form and make the payment.
- Download the Admit Card: Upon successful completion of the application process, the candidate will have to download the admit card, which will be available online on the official website.
- Appear for the exam: Attempt the exam on the scheduled day, candidates should be well aware of the exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus ofAUCET.
- AUCET Result: Results are released on the official website of the exam page with common rank that has the names of candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in the exam. Apart from this, separate merit lists are released for each category. Hence, candidates must regularly check the site.
- Counselling: After the declaration of results, the counselling process begins.
Listed below is the application fee for different categories that can be paid via online mode i.e. debit card, credit card or net banking or offline mode i.e. Andhra Bank / SBI Challan.
- General/ OBC – Rs 600
- SC/ST/PHC – Rs 500
- AUCET Exam Pattern
AUCET Exam Pattern
Knowing the pattern of an exam helps students form a better preparation strategy. Below is a detailed explanation of the AUCET exam pattern.
- AUCET Entrance Test is conducted through offline mode only i.e. it is a pen paper-based test.
- The total time duration to complete the test is 1 hour 30 minutes
- The questions in the paper are comprised of objective type multiple choice.
- The paper is available in English language only
- The questions are asked from the subjects such as Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Geology, Humanities & Social Sciences, and English
- Every correct answer earns the candidate 1 mark.
- No negative marking allows students to attempt all the questions.
- No marks will be deducted or given for un-attempted questions.
Following are the sub-headings under which the entire syllabus of the AUCET exam is divided:
|Cell Biology||Genetics||Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering||Biotechnology|
|Metabolism||Animal Science||Plant Science||Microbiology|
|Nutrition||Ecology Environment and Evolution|
Physical Sciences Syllabus
|Electrostatics||Atomic Spectra||X-ray Diffraction||Statistical Mechanics||Mechanics of rigid bodies|
|Dielectrics||Molecular Spectroscopy||Nanomaterials||The Matrix methods in paraxial optics||Mechanics of continuous media|
|Capacitance||Quantum Mechanics Inadequacy of classical Physics||Bonding in Crystals||Aberrations||Central forces|
|Magnetostatics||Matter Waves||Magnetism||Interference||Special theory of relativity|
|Moving charge in an electric and magnetic field||Uncertainty Principle||Superconductivity||Diffraction||Fundamentals of vibrations|
|Electromagnetic induction||Schrodinger Wave Equation||Kinetic theory of gases||Polarization||Damped and forced oscillations|
|Varying and alternating currents||Nuclear Physics Nuclear Structure||Thermodynamics||Laser||Complex vibrations|
|Maxwell’s equations and electromagnetic waves||Alpha and Beta Decays||Thermodynamic potentials and Maxwell’s equations||Fibre Optics and Holography||Vibrations of bars|
|Basic Electronics||Nuclear Reactions||Low-temperature Physics||Vector Analysis||Vibrating Strings|
|Digital Principles||Crystal Structure||Quantum theory of radiation||Mechanics of Particles||Ultrasonic’s|
Mathematical Sciences Syllabus
|Linear Algebra||Rings||Differential Equations of First Order but not of the First Degree||The Plane|
|Multiple Integrals and Vector Calculus||Real Numbers||Higher-Order Differential Equations||The Line|
|Groups||Differential Equations of First Order and First Degree||System of Linear Differential Equations||The Sphere|
|Cones||Cylinders and Conicoids|
Cut-off for the AUCET 2022
There are a specific number of marks required to crack the AUCET exam. The rounding off of marks is not done to the nearest whole number. Scoring more than or equal to the cut off will allow candidates to be eligible for further rounds in the admission process. The table below shows the cut-off marks:
|Category||Minimum Cut off Percentage|
Exam Centers in India
There are many cities which are selected as the centres for this exam. Listed below are the AUCET Exam Centers for 2022 in India.
Explore: Colleges in Hyderabad
So, this was all about AUCET 2022. Are you confused about applying or preparing for this exam? Need any kind of help related to a career path or which university to choose, get in touch with our experts ate Leverage Edu. They will guide you and hold your hand throughout the process to pave a beautiful future for you. Sign up for a free session today!