The United Kingdom is an incredible land with a large number of study opportunities. If you are looking to apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate course in the UK, then a great option for you to consider is Aston University which is located in Birmingham, UK. With an extensive placement drive with over 200 companies each year, Aston University is an incredibly supportive University that provides its students with the required skills for jobs in the UK. Let’s know more about the Aston University acceptance rate, application procedure and admission requirements.
Here’s Everything you need to know about the January Intake Universities in UK
This Blog Includes:
About Aston University
Before knowing in detail about Aston University acceptance rate, let’s first get to know about this university in more detail. Known to be one of the most well-known public Universities in the UK, Aston University provides education to students from over 120 countries. The campus is safe and friendly. The experience of gaining education from Aston University provides the students with more than just bookish knowledge. It is situated in Birmingham which is one of the most diverse and student-friendly cities in the UK. The mission of the University is to provide students with a learning environment where they can research, grow and learn at their own pace. It is marked by inspiring teachers who have been provided accolades for the same. Students have access to a number of facilities for mental health, physical health and development as well. Aston University was ranked University of the Year by Guardian in 2020. The Silver Award by Athena SWAN was given to Aston University for the impact it made towards gender equality.
Aston University Acceptance Rate
Aston University was granted the Royal Charter by Queen Elizabeth II on April 22, 1966. Having said that, Aston University has an acceptance rate of around 50% and candidates must meet the minimum standards as well as be devoted, driven, and bright in order to be admitted. The University also has a number of initiatives in place to assist students with paying their tuition. Its motto of assisting students in making a worldwide impact via research, enterprise, and inspiring teaching has resulted in over 70% of its students being placed in top positions following graduation. The University also supports and assists entrepreneurs in launching their businesses. Aston has acquired a number of prestigious honours, including the Gold medal from TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework), a Government league table that focuses on teaching quality and student happiness. It is also highly ranked in practically all major university rankings.
Popular Courses at Aston University
Due to Aston University’s stunning acceptance rate, the university is also ranked in the top 10 Universities in the UK by the Telegraph Newspaper. The university is also quite renowned to give birth to some of the leading millionaires from around the world. The most sought after courses at Aston University are in the field of Business and Management such as:
- Master’s of Business Administration
- MSc/BSc Business Analytics
- Business and Entrepreneurship MSc (online)
- Business and International Relations
- Business and Management
These are just a few of the Business and Management courses that Aston University offers and so there is a wide variety of courses to choose from.
Learn about UCLA Acceptance Rate for UG and PG Courses
Post knowing in detail about Aston University acceptance rate, let’s also get ourselves familiar with the general admission requirements to study at this university:
|Age||At least 18||No bar|
|Marks in last education||At least 65-70%||Average 3.0 GPA (depends on the university)|
|SAT/GMAT||SAT||GMAT/GRE (not all courses)|
|English Proficiency Test||IELTS/TOEFL||IELTS/TOEFL|
Note: IELTS is an important part of the application process for UK universities. Register for the Leverage Live and get admission into your dream university in the UK with record-breaking scores!
After knowing Aston University acceptance rate and the eligibility criteria, candidates will then be asked to submit the following supporting documents to be admitted to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Essays (if asked)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
- Passport copy
Here’s a list of all the essential Documents Required for Applying to UK Universities
Applications to UK universities are submitted via the UCAS portal. The following steps will help you to apply to Aston University:
- Visit the UCAS portal and click on the “Apply Now”.
- Go through the course curriculum and the entry requirements
- To start with the application process, first, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with the OTP for verification. Use the login details and start filling in personal details such as name, gender, DOB, etc.
- Provide all your academic qualifications and upload the supporting documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee. The application fee varies according to the university and the program. But the general application fee for applying to UK universities ranges from 20 GBP – 26 GBP (INR 2,015- INR 2,620).
- Make the payment through net banking, debit/credit card. Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
Struggling to submit your application at Aston University and receive an admit? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 and secure your admit for the upcoming UK intake!
Student Services at Aston University
- Aston University deeply cares for its students, hence there are multiple counsellors and mental health professionals that can be approached if the need is felt by the student.
- There are various sports activities in which students can immerse themselves. A fully equipped gymnasium, Birmingham’s oldest swimming pool and multiple studios are at the student’s disposal.
- There is a Chapel on campus that can be visited by the students.
- After graduation as well, students can seek assistance from career professionals to pursue their next challenge and get a job that is ideal for them.
Aston University offers several funding possibilities to overseas students. Aston University is investing more than £1 million on foreign student scholarships. Aston University provides a variety of services to foreign students and has over 90% International Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey, 2019). After knowing about the Aston University acceptance rate, here are some of the popular international student scholarships available at Aston University include:
- £8,000 (INR 8,08,112) Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- £6,000 (INR 6,06,084) Women in Engineering Scholarship
- £3,000 (INR 3,03,042) Global Ambassador Scholarship
Yes, when someone leaves a program at Aston Halfway through, they are eligible to get a partial refund. The withdrawal has to be informed to the University beforehand.
International students can definitely apply for residence within Aston University but they have to inform the University advisor beforehand as there are only limited rooms available.
The hardest universities to get into are the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, University of Leeds, London School of Economics and Political Sciences.
Aston University is a renowned UK University for business and technical professions, with a reputation for world-class teaching and research in a secure yet dynamic and multicultural environment. It has around 13,000 students from 130 different nations.
Guardian 2022 ranks the university at #25, Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 ranks it at #43 and the Complete University Guide 2022 ranks it at #43in the UK National Rankings. QS World University Ranking 2022 places the university at #485 and THE World University Rankings 2022 places it between #401-500.
Aston University invites students to interviews based on their UCAT scores and academic accomplishments. In 2020, the lowest UCAT interview score for non-widening participation candidates was 2110, while the lowest UCAT score for widening participation students was 1900.
This was all about the Aston University acceptance rate. Planning to apply at Aston University? Our Leverage Edu experts and counsellors will ensure end-to-end support for your application. Call us at 1800572000 today and secure your offer letter for the upcoming UK intake!