All those who are preparing for competitive exams are mostly tricked by the perplexing questions in the Aptitude section. Usually, candidates are evaluated on the parameter like Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and English Language and a cumulative score of all these sections forms the final score. Depending upon which you can enter your dream university or attain your career aspirations. If you are also preparing for any such tests, here is a blog to help you with some aptitude questions and answers.
This Blog Includes:
What is Aptitude?
Aptitude is a type of cognitive ability. It should be contrasted with achievement which measures knowledge and skills acquired through learning or experience. The two may be related: someone who is good at one type of task may also be good at another type of task requiring similar knowledge or skills.
Example and Types of Aptitude Test
- Numerical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasonin
- Diagrammatic Reasoning
- Situational Judgement
- E-tray Exercise
- Error Checking
- Personality Tests
- Cognitive Ability
List of Aptitude Topic
|Multiples and Factors||Monomials, polynomials||Triangle|
|Number Properties||Functions||Lines and angles|
|Percentage||Inequalities and basic statistics||Rectangular solids and cylinders|
|Power and Roots||Algebraic expressions and equations||Coordinate geometry|
|Average||Permutation and combination|
|Probability||Arithmetic and geometric progressions|
|Mixtures and allegations|
|Ratio and proportion|
|Pipes, cisterns, and work time|
|Speed, time, distance|
|Simple and Compounded Interest|
List of Books you can refer to prepare for GMAT aptitude section:
- GMAT Official Guide 2021
- Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guide Set
- Kaplan GMAT Complete 2021
- GMAT for dummies 2021
- 40% of the women are above 30 years of age and 80% of the women are less than or equal to 50 years of age. 20% of all women cook. If 30% of the women above the age of 50 cooks, what per cent of cooks are less than or equal to 50 years?
- Four teachers can evaluate a certain number of papers in 10 days by working for 5 hours a day. For how many hours in a day 2 teachers must work in order to examine twice the number of papers in 20 days?
- Find the HCF, if the numbers are in the ratio 4:5:6 and their LCM is 2400.
- Riya and Tina take part in 100m race. Riya runs at 6kmph. Riya gives Tina a start of 8m and still beats her by 8 seconds. The speed of Tina is?
- Rohit marks up all his shirts in his shop 20% higher. He has 25% discount on 2/5th of the total shirts and 12% discount on 1/4th fo the total shirts. If Rohit gets an overall profit of 2.3%, then how much discount should be given by Rohit to his customers on remaining shirts.
- There was a meeting of 20 foreigners that was to be held at a restaurant. In how many ways these foreigners can be seated along with a round table if three particular foreigners always seat together?
- How many 4-letter words with or without meaning, can be formed out of the letters of the word, ‘LOGARITHMS’ if repetition of alphabets is not allowed?
- Six spherical cannon balls are very tightly packed into a rectangular box in a single layer. Each row has two cannon balls and each column has three. What part of the box is empty?
- A bag contains 21 cards numbered from 1 to 21. A card is drawn and then another card is drawn without replacement. What is the probability that both cards are even-numbered?
- Simple Interest on a fixed sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the compound interest on Rs. 1200 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on Simple interest is?
- A bus covered a distance of 376 KMs at a certain speed in 8 hours. How much time would a car take an average speed which is 18KMPH more than that of the speed of the truck to cover a distance which is 14km more than that travelled by bus?
- Average weight of three friends Ram, Sita and Laxman is 70kg. Another person Bharat joins the group and now the average is 66kg. If another person Shatrugan whose weight is 6 kg more than Bharat, joins the group replacing Ram. The average weight of Sita, Laxman, Bharat and Shatrughan becomes 75 kg. What is the weight of Amar?
- Sahil has 10 paise, 25 paise and 50 paise coins in the ratio 10:8:9 respectively. After giving Rs. 20 to his mother he was left with Rs. 40. How many 50 paisa coins did he have?
- Which is the next number in sequence 38, 49, 62, 70,…
- Sumit bought some toys at a 20% discount on the original price. The original price of each toy was Rs. 40. If he made a total savings of Rs. 240, how many toys did he buy?
Now that you have practised all these aptitude questions. Let us have a look at the answers and calculate how much you have scored.
- 10 hours
- 4.87 km/ph
- 17! 3!
- Rs. 525
- 6 hours
Thus, we hope that this blog about aptitude questions has helped you by providing a long list of questions to practice. If you have any doubt pertaining to courses, careers and top universities across the world, let Leverage Edu help you out!