Law courses are quite popular with Indian students hence we are talking about AP PGLCET. The AP PGLCET or the Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Common Law Entrance Test conducted by the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). It is a state-level entrance test for admissions in the 2 years LLM course. On the basis of AP PGLCET, the students who qualify and score well are given admission to the government-affiliated colleges in the state. This exam is conducted online by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).
Also Read – LLM Entrance Exams
Table of contents
The main highlights of AP PGLCET 2021 are –
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Common Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration||1 and a half hour|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Duration of course||2 years|
|Minimum eligibility||LLB degree|
|Date of exam||To be announced soon|
Also Read – Certificate courses in law
|Application form||To be announced|
|Admit card Release||To be announced|
|Date of exam||To be announced|
|Answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of Exam||To be announced|
|Counseling Sessions start date||To be announced|
Also Try – Internships for law students
How to apply for AP PGLCET?
The application process is given below step by step to guide you through the whole process –
Step – 1) Visit the official website and register yourself.
Step – 2) Fill the application form and upload all the important documents asked for.
Step – 3) Submit the application fees and then submit the completed form.
Step – 4) Get the admit card and give the entrance exam.
Step – 5) Check the result and attend the counseling sessions to get admission.
Also Read – Law Courses In India
The eligibility criteria is very important while applying for the exam and therefore we have provided the eligibility requirements here –
- The candidate should have passed the LLB degree from a recognized university.
- The general and OBC category candidates should have at least 50% and the SC/ ST candidates should have at least 45% marks in LLB.
- The candidates who are appearing in the final semester of their graduation are also eligible for applying.
- There is no age limit.
Must Read: Best law colleges in 2021
The admit card or the exam hall ticket is very important when giving the AP PGLCET exam. It has all the important details like roll number, name, paper codes etc. which you will need to fill in your answer sheet. Without the admit card no one is allowed inside the examination centre. You will get the admit card online and you can download it from the official website by login in with your registered email id and password. Keep the admit card safely after downloading because it is important and you will need it during the exam.
Exam Pattern for AP PGLCET 2021
|Type of exam||Objective Type|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes|
|Marking Scheme for the exam||1 mark for each right answer|
AP PGLCET Syllabus
The subjects covered in the syllabus are given below –
Part – A
- Constitutional Law
Part – B
- Crimes and Torts
- IPR and other laws
- Labour law
- Mercantile law
- Public international law
The following tips will help you in your preparation for your AP PGLCET exam and also help you in getting a good score in it –
- First step would be to be aware of the syllabus, marking scheme, the pattern of the questions and other things.
- The next step would be to make a timetable and routine to study.
- Remember to give time to every subject and especially to the ones which you might find difficult.
- You can check out the books provided and find good study material which covers all the syllabus topic wise. You can also take professional help if needed.
- When you are confident about your preparation then you should try solving the previous year question papers. They help you with time management and you get to know where you need more practice.
- Finally, do not panic and study hard. We are sure you can do it.
Centres for the AP PGLCET 2021
There are several centers for this exam in various places and we have provided the centers below –
AP PGLCET Colleges
The colleges that accept the result of AP PGLCET for their admissions are given blow in the list –
- All Saints Law College, Visakhapatnam
- Andhra University
- Dr Ambedkar Law College
- Indira Priyadarshini Law College
- NBM Law College, Visakhapatnam
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Law, Kakinada
- School of Legal Studies, Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Smt. Velagapudi Durgamba Siddhartha Law College
- Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam
- Sri R K M Law College
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- Sri Vijayanagar Law College, Anantapur
- Veeravalli College of Law, Rajahmundry
- Visakha Law College, Visakhapatnam
For any further queries you can contact the address below or the number given as well:
AP LAWCET and AP PGLCET OFFICE
Department of Law, Sri Krishnadevaraya University,
Anantapur – 515003, Andhra Pradesh, India
Phone number – 08554-255055
For any technical assistance – 9393 711 110
We have provided preparation tips for you above. You can use them to prepare for your exam
The official website of AP PGLCET is here.
You can download your hall ticket or admit card on the official website online and get a print out of it.
The dates have not been announced yet but you will get to know soon.
So this was all about the AP PGLCET 2021 and we hope this blog and the tips will help you get great marks and pass this entrance test with flying colours. You can read about other exams, careers, courses, universities or more tips on Leverage Edu. Our experts are also ready to provide help with the admission process, counselling and guidance.