Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (APLAWCET) is a state-level entrance exam for admissions into law colleges at Andhra Pradesh University and affiliated colleges. It is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). AP LAWCET caters to both, 5 year as well as 3-year law. AP LAWCET is a 90 minutes long online exam with test language options available in English and Telugu.
|Examination name||Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (APLAWCET)|
|Conducted by||Sri Krishnadevaraya University|
|Mode of examination||Online|
Table of Contents
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Release of notification||3rd week of March 2021|
|Registration||3rd week of March 2021|
|Correction window||4th week of April|
|Availability of Hall ticket||1st week of may|
|Exam date||1st week of May|
|Result||3rd week of May|
- For 5 years
- Candidates should have completed class 12 from a recognized university in Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates should score an aggregate of 45% in their class 12 examination
- Candidates belonging to the OBC category must secure at least 42% marks and those belonging to SC/ST category must score a minimum of 40% marks in the class 12 examinations to be eligible.
- For 3 years
- Applicants must complete their graduation/post-graduation from a recognised university.
- Students belonging to the General category should secure 45%, BC should secure 42% and SC/ST must have scored 40%.
Courses Offered through AP LAWCET
Ap LAWCET offers admission to the following law courses namely:
- Bachelor of Arts- LLB
- Bachelor of Commerce – LLB
- Bachelor of Science – LLB
- Bachelor of Business Administration – LLB
- Bachelor of Legal Studies – LLB
- Bachelor of Technology – LLB
- Bachelor of Legislative Laws LLB
Exam Paper Pattern
The AP LAWCET is conducted in an online mode for a duration of 90 minutes. The exam consists of 120 questions with 3 sections namely General knowledge and mental ability, current affairs and Aptitude for the study of Law. AP LAWCET is a 120 marks paper with 1 mark allotted for every correct answer. It has no negative marking for incorrect answers or unattempted questions.
|General knowledge and mental ability||30||30|
Colleges Accepting AP LAWCET
Through AP LAWCET you can secure admissions into various government, private and self-financing institutions affiliated with Andhra Pradesh universities. Some of the colleges include
- Veeravalli College of Law, Rajahmundry
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Law, Kakinada
- Sri R K M Law College
- Andhra University
- Visakha Law College, Visakhapatnam
- Dr Ambedkar Law College
- Smt. Velagapudi Durgamba Siddhartha Law College
- School of Legal Studies, Acharya Nagarjuna University
- Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam
- Indira Priyadarshini Law College
The syllabus for the AP LAWCET will be displayed on the official website tentatively around april. The syllabus will be of 12 std level for 5 year law and roughly graduation level for 3 year law. Mentioned below is the tentative syllabus for APLAWCET.
- Syllabus for Aptitude of Law
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- IPC and the CrPC
- Strict Liability
- Law of Crimes
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Legal terms
- Indian Constitution, its structure, sections and schedules
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Vicarious Liability
- General knowledge and mental ability
- History of India
- Geographical knowledge of India
- Indian Culture and Heritage
- Indian Polity
- Basics of Indian Economy
- Blood relations
- Number series
- Direction Sense
- Sitting Arrangements
- Alphabet Series
- Data Interpretation
- Visual Puzzles
- Current Affairs
- News of national or international importance
- Legal cases/ judgements
- National and International Awards
- Awards and appointments
The application for AP LAWCET should be released sometime around March. The candidates will be required to pee a charge of 750 RS as application fees.
- The first step includes logging on to the website and clicking on the apply online button.
- Then the candidates are required to pay the application fee through P Online/TS Online/E-Seva/Debit/Credit Card (any of the portals).
- Next step the candidates are required to fill in the necessary information regarding Candidate’s Details, Academic Details, About Exam, Uploading of Documents and so forth.
- Lastly candidates can review their application before submitting it.
The exam will be conducted in an online mode in the following centres
This was all about AP LAWCET. Please keep checking the website for more information regarding the dates as they are expected to be released soon. We hope you find this blog insightful. For more guidance get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu and let them assist you in your academic journey.