The ANSO Scholarship is provided to students who are pursuing studies in China at the masters or PhD level. This scholarship is fully funded and also includes airfare. ANSO selects 200 master’s and 300 PhD students annually. This scholarship is available at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China. Let’s explore everything you need to know about the ANSO scholarship, its eligibility criteria and more.
|Name of the scholarship||ANSO Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Pursuing PhD or masters degree|
|Awarded value||INR 35,190-82,098 per annum|
|Deadline||31 March 2022|
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of ANSO Scholarship
- One of the main benefits are monthly stipend of
- Master’s: INR 35,178/month, up to 36 months;
- PhD: INR 70,395 or INR 82,128/month (depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS), up to 48 months
- Other benefits include health insurance, Application fee waiver and Travel subsidy from their home countries to China (one trip per person)
- Any scholarship awardee on-site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy
- If a candidate is pursuing a master’s degree at any university/institution in China, then the candidate is not eligible for the master’s program of this scholarship
- Candidates pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, are NOT eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, the candidate will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise, they will be disqualified from admission.
- This scholarship includes tuition fees waiver
Also Read: Post Matric Scholarship 2022
If you want to apply for an ANSO scholarship then you need to first qualify the following eligibility criteria:
- You are eligible only if you are an international student enrolled in masters or PhD program
- To apply for 2022-2023 then you must be born after 1 January 1991
- Then you are required to be healthy in physical and mental well being
- You must possess abilities such as leadership, management, volunteer activities
- You are required to have strong skills for research or interest in research
- The last eligibility criteria are to prove proficiency in English or Chinese
How to Apply for ANSO Scholarship.
The ANSO Scholarship applications are now open till 31 March 2022. It is noted that from this year it is not compulsory for both USTC and UCAS applicants to find host supervisors before application. The application process is given below :
Step:1 Application Materials
For USTC applicants, you can refer to the Application Guideline for Graduate Applicants to USTC. For UCAS applicants, refer to the Call for 2022 Doctoral Programs for International Students and the Call for 2022 Master’s Programs for International Students.
Step:2 Application Portal
First, you need to file and submit an application for an interesting scholarship in the USTC/UCAS admission system as requested before the deadline, i.e., 31 March 2022. Thereafter you have to choose “the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” in your application.
Other Important Details
- The duration of the ANSO scholarship for masters is 36 months and for PhD is upto 48 months.
- The documents must be given in hard copy for the application process and these documents must be original.
- The scholarship is open for applications now that is for 2022-2023.
- The scholarship is open for all Chinese students who want to pursue studies in China.
The universities that take ANSO scholarship are the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China
Some of the similar opportunities as ANSO scholarship are:
1. Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships
2. Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT
3. Yenching Academy of Peking University Scholarships
4. CSA Group Graduate Scholarship To Study in Canada
5. Turkish Government Research Scholarship
The documents for the ANSO scholarship must be the original hard copies of uploaded documents to the scholarship office upon arrival in China.
We hope that this blog helped you with all details about the ANSO scholarship. If finding the right scholarship still confuses you, feel free to call our Leverage Edu experts. We are here to help you select the best scholarship and funding options available to finance your dream of pursuing a master or PhD abroad! Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.