Aberystwyth University in the UK was founded in 1872 as the “People’s University” and admitted its first 26 students. It was the first university institution in Wales to offer Arts and Science courses. Students mostly look for admission in MBA at Aberystwyth University. The MBA program of this university comes under the popular courses offered here. The University of Wales ceased to be a federal university on 1 September 2007 and Aberystwyth University regained independent status. To know more detailed information about pursuing an MBA course from Aberystwyth University, keep reading this blog!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Aberystwyth University?
- Ranking of Aberystwyth University
- MBA Course Overview at Aberystwyth University
- MBA Course Details at Aberystwyth University
- Subjects included in MBA
- MBA Options at Aberystwyth University
- Eligibility for MBA at Aberystwyth University
- Admission Deadline
- The Entry Requirement for MBA at Aberystwyth University
- MBA fees at Aberystwyth University
- Application Process at Aberystwyth University
- Documents Required at Aberystwyth University
- Living Cost at Aberystwyth University
- Scholarships at Aberystwyth University
- Placements at Aberystwyth University
- Average Salary at Aberystwyth University
- Recruiting Companies at Aberystwyth University
|Type of university||Public University|
|Percentage of International Students||18%|
|Mode of Programme||Full-time, online and distance learning|
Why Choose Aberystwyth University?
Aberystwyth University is one of the UK’s top 100 universities. It has achieved much excellence in its teaching and research. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a variety of courses. Graduate programs are offered in single, community and integrated awards. In 2018, the university was awarded a gold medal in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and the Student Outcomes Framework. Also, it is recognized as one of the safest universities in Wales for students according to The Complete University Guide. According to the National Student Survey 2020, Aberystwyth University is ranked in the top 5 UK universities for overall student satisfaction. The university is also affiliated with the University of Wales, Association of MBAs (AMBA), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Universities UK, HiPACT, Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA), and HEA.
Ranking of Aberystwyth University
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#541-550|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||#501-600|
|US News and World Report Best Global Universities 2022||#902|
|Complete University Guide University League Table 2022||#58|
|Guardian Top UK Universities 2022 rankings||#64|
MBA Course Overview at Aberystwyth University
- The MBA program focuses on developing your academic and managerial skills. A key objective is to provide relevant analytical training in the latest strategic organisational and management developments in the public and private sectors.
- You collect and analyse relevant information in a variety of areas related to a current situation, synthesise the information in a form suitable for evaluating decision alternatives, and interact with people from different cultural backgrounds to raise awareness and thinking in organisations to sharpen.
- As a student in the MBA program, you will study management theory and recognized best practices in areas such as leadership, operations, corporate governance and sustainability. The program covers the areas of Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour. The study of Financial Analysis and Decision Making emphasises the usage of financial data as well as accounting data to inform and improve strategic decisions and operations.
- Reporting on business administration emphasises the external context as well as the economy. Basics for entrepreneurial decisions in various functional areas.
- This degree suits you –
- If you want to study a subject of truly global importance.
- If you want to develop a critical appreciation of financial theory, practice and the financial environment.
- If you aspire to a career in Banking or financial services.
- If you want high skills from any postgraduate employer you want.
- Key Qualifications and Competencies that you will have after this course –
- Study Skills
- Transferable Skills
- Self-Motivation and discipline
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
MBA Course Details at Aberystwyth University
An academic year is one year (September to September) that is further divided into three semesters
- September to January
- January to June
- June to September
Will take the form of research proposals including an associated bibliographic element, case studies, oral assessments and essays. In the third semester, each student prepares a master’s thesis worth 60 credits that deal with a chosen field of study.
Subjects included in MBA
- Managerial Reports
- Business Economics
- Corporate Governance and Sustainability
- Financial Analysis and Decision Making
- Marketing Management Strategy
- People and Organisations
- Global Marketing
- International Strategy and Operations
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
MBA Options at Aberystwyth University
|Corporate Social Responsibility||1 year|
|Engineering Management||1 year|
|Global Supply Chain Management||1 year|
|International Marketing||1 year|
|Master of Business Administration||1 year|
|Project Management||1 year|
|Executive Masters Management||3 years|
|International Business Management||1 year|
|Other Management||3 years|
Eligibility for MBA at Aberystwyth University
Students must have a good degree with honours and satisfactory credentials from their university in order to be admitted to this program.
Non-graduate students will be considered individually. The qualification will be based on relevant work experience they have or professional qualifications.
Indian Students Eligibility
Passed degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution with 50-55% or GCPA 6.0 or more.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
International applicants wishing to study in the UK are advised to apply as early as possible to allow adequate processing time for visa and admissions applications. Applicants can consider the following deadlines to submit their applications on time.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
The Entry Requirement for MBA at Aberystwyth University
- Tuition Fees – £8,000-£16,000
- Transcripts – required
- Standardised Tests – GRE/GMAT/MAT (Optional)
- Work Experience – conditional
- Resume or CV – recommended
- Statement of Interest – required
- Recommendations – 2
MBA fees at Aberystwyth University
The tuition fee for one year is ₹17,84,561.
Application Process at Aberystwyth University
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Documents Required at Aberystwyth University
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
Living Cost at Aberystwyth University
|Cost||Amount per annum (GBP)|
|Food, Laundry & Toiletries||1,800|
|Books, Equipment & Stationery||150|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at Aberystwyth University
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
|Axol Science Scholarship||₹156100||Yes|
|Goa Education Trust Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
Placements at Aberystwyth University
- According to a 2018 study by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), 96.8% of graduates were employed or continued studying six months after graduating from university in 2017.
- 97% of Business School and School of Art graduates were employed, self-employed or continued their studies within 6 months, 3% more than Business and Administrative Studies and Creative Arts and Design graduates nationally.
- Internships are integrated into the curriculum of the program to give students the opportunity to gain experience in a company in their chosen field of study.
- The university also offers a Year in Employment Scheme, giving students the opportunity to take part in a 12-month paid job in the UK or abroad between their second and third year of study.
- The university also offers Careers Service to aid mentor and guide students in making career choices.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at Aberystwyth University
According to PayScale, the average salary of Aberystwyth University graduates is 29,000 GBP.
Recruiting Companies at Aberystwyth University
Based on the portion of students who apply to each university and receive an offer, Aberystwyth University is among the easiest universities to get into with an acceptance rate of 90%.
Students love its location and social life, while it’s internationally renowned for the quality of its teaching and research.
Students admire its location and cultural life, while it’s globally famous for the quality of its education and research. Aberystwyth University has 3 faculties – The faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Faculty of Business and Physical Sciences.
This was about MBA at Aberystwyth University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!